ConnectVA is a virtual nonprofit and civic hub that provides information-sharing tools and resources to empower individuals, advance organizations and strengthen community. We envision a strong nonprofit community working successfully in cross-sector collaborations and contributing to a thriving region.
What we do:
Work to strengthen the community and region by providing resources, tools and information that:
- Empower individuals to take personal action to improve themselves, their organizations and their community
- Advance organization's efficiency and effectiveness through awareness and access to knowledge and resources that enables greater regional impact
- Strengthen community through greater positive, sustainable change leading to a higher quality of life for all residents.
Why We Do It:
Cohesive efforts are vital to community change; all sectors -- nonprofits organizations, businesses, government and others -- are essential. We strive to:
- Builds bridges between nonprofits, businesses, and government leading to improved organizational communication both within and across the sectors.
- Guides residents to opportunities for civic engagement leading to increased engagement in the community.
- Shares resources that increase organizational capacity and promotes awareness of local issues in the nonprofit community leading to enhanced access and use of credible nonprofits information and opportunities.
How We Do It
ConnectVA focuses on powering nonprofit advancement and strengthing the social sector through Technology & Innovation, Collaboration & Action, and Public Engagement.
ConnectVA provides nonprofits, businesses and other civic-minded members of the community online tools and resources as well as offline programs.
Who We Are
Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence
The Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence is the Richmond region's catalyst for advancing nonprofit organizations and strives to enhance the quality of life in the Greater Richmond region by strengthening nonprofits, promoting civic engagement, sharing information and building community knowledge. ConnectRichmond is a program of the Partnership for Nonprofit Excellence.
Southside Community Partners
Southside Community Partners invests in the people and systems that work to solve the complex social issues of our community. By delivering high impact resources and services, we help build the capacity of nonprofit organizations so they can more effectively deliver programs and activities that improve the quality of life for residents in the Southside Virginia region. ConnectSouthside is operated by Southside Community Partners, a program of the Appomattox Regional Library System.
ConnectVA is made possible because of the investment of the following funders who have supported the Connect system throughout the years since its inception in 2001: The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond Memorial Health Foundation, Jessie Ball duPont Fund, The Cameron Foundation, Jackson Foundation, Cabell Foundation, Knight Foundation, John Randolph Foundation, Altria Client Services, Inc., Dominion, McGuire Woods, First Market, and University of Richmond.
Special thanks to Genworth Financial and the Genworth Foundation who invested in the most recent rebuild of the ConnectVA system.