The Community Foundation envisions a strong nonprofit community working successfully in cross-sector collaborations, contributing to a thriving region. Cohesive efforts are vital to community change; all sectors — nonprofit organizations, businesses, government and others — are essential. Our team strives to build bridges within and across these sectors for improved organizational communication and maximum impact.
We share resources that enhance organizational capacity and promote awareness of local issues in the nonprofit community. This provides increased access to credible nonprofit information and opportunities. Our virtual nonprofit and civic hub provides information-sharing tools and resources – ConnectVA.org.
The sector values our services – job listings, training, community event calendar, item exchange, discussion boards, best practice guides, news, and much more. Subscribers connect with other users and organizations, as well as nonprofit resources and information across Central Virginia.
Based on feedback from the community, we’re excited to offer a myriad of tools and resources, including:
- News & Events – Stay “in-the know” by sharing and finding upcoming events and opportunities in our Community Calendar and our daily and weekly news.
- Learning Center – Find workshops, day-long courses, special events, networking and other learning opportunities, in addition to, leadership programming designed for Young Nonprofit Professionals (YNPN RVA), Emerging Nonprofit Leaders and Nonprofit Boards.
- Nonprofit Directory – Easily search for organizations in Central Virginia and beyond in our Nonprofit Directory. Profiles include contact information as well as: programs and human services, job opportunities, events, items needed/available posted by the organization. More detailed profiles that include financial, governance and management information are coming soon!
- Job Finder– Known as the local “go-to” job search engine, users can search for employment opportunities, internships, and RFP’s posted by nonprofit, government and other community organizations.
- Discussion Forum – Participate in cause-related dialogue and seek real-time answers on important needs and issues – from News and Announcements to Grant and Funding Opportunities to Inquiries and Advice and more.
- Item Exchange – Search for items needed and available by nonprofit and government organizations, like office furniture, equipment, supplies or space. Anyone can post free items they have available.
- Nonprofit Resources – From local funding opportunities to pro bono resources to finding venues that are free or discounted to nonprofits, we’ve compiled resources and directories to make it easier for users to navigate the local nonprofit landscape.
How to Register
Register on the homepage of ConnectVA.org to join and immediately start receiving daily and weekly news updates, access to posting events and items, and registering for classes and training. Other organization administration options and abilities are available to those who qualify.