The Community Foundation Learning Team is excited to announce our 2020 fall and winter Course Catalog for “live online” classes. Organized around the theme Building Organizational Resilience, the offerings are meant to help nonprofits access the information they need quickly and affordably, during this challenging time. Along with several favorite instructors, we’re excited to welcome five new instructors, all of whom are practitioner-leaders from the Richmond community.
Here are a few examples of the great things we have in store:
- Leading from Behind: Effective Collaborative Leadership for Nonprofits. September 9th, 10am-12pm. Taught by 2017 Richmond Times Dispatch Person of the Year Shantell Malachi Chambliss, enrollees in this class will examine a leadership practice that places ownership for decision-making in the hands of staff members responsible for executing your organization’s mission.
- How to Fundraise When Your Background is Not in Fundraising. September 16th, 10am-12pm. There isn’t an organization in town who hasn’t had to rethink its fundraising strategy this year, and in this course, Alan Hutson and Amanda Macdonald from the Monument Group will help you get back on track as thoughtfully and painlessly as possible – especially when fundraising isn’t your forte.
- Google Sheets Basics for Nonprofit Operations and Evaluation. October 14th, 10am-12pm. Leaning on the expertise of CF’s in-house Google Suite maestro Alan Delbridge, students in this course will learn ways they can use Google’s powerful (and free!) set of data tools to streamline their organization’s work. Will you elbow out CF staff for a seat in this can’t-miss class?
Besides these opportunities, we’re thrilled to offer classes from John Sarvay, Trina Willard, Sumi Lanneau, and others as we continue supporting our nonprofit partners through this grueling time. We can’t wait to see you in one of our live online classes soon!
How to Register for a Course in the Learning Center
In the Learning Center you’ll find a variety of learning and networking opportunities and online resources for nonprofit staff and board members, throughout the year. You can manage your learning experience in one place at your convenience, explore upcoming offerings, register for events, access course content and more.
You must be a registered/signed in user of ConnectVA to register for a course in the Learning Center
Here are the MANDATORY STEPS to getting started if you aren’t registered:
1) Register on ConnectVA.org with your name and current email address
2) Create a password and sign in with link sent to your email
3) Update your ConnectVA personal profile
- open your dashboard (expand lime green button on left)
- click on “GO TO YOUR PROFILE” and click “Edit” to update (make sure to fill out all information)
4) Proceed to the Learning Center and click “Login” (top right) to activate your Learning Center Account
5) Click on your desired course.
Please note: Do not register for a course on behalf of someone else, please ask them to follow these steps to register themselves.
Questions? Read our Learning Center FAQs!