Capital One just announced the launch of a fall pilot program at their 1717 Innovation Center – “Grow @1717”, a local nonprofit accelerator that aims to support nonprofits in expanding capacity to deliver social impact more powerfully.
Accelerators have become a powerful part of startup communities around the world. Intended to provide entrepreneurs with the support needed to accelerate growth, the accelerator model has proven successful in catapulting startups to the next phase of business.
Community Engagement Manager Toria Edmonds-Howell shared that, “at 1717, we believe nonprofits and startups have many similarities: they solve problems through innovation, their people wear many hats, and they take risks because they believe in their mission. And because we believe nonprofits and startups have a lot in common, we have decided to adopt the accelerator model to provide support for Richmond area nonprofits.”
The 12 week program will include a full needs assessment, workshops, project support, pro bono volunteerism, peer-to-peer learning, and mentorship – equipping participating organizations with new knowledge, tools, connections and visibility.
If you are a Richmond based nonprofit looking to grow in innovative ways, please consider applying to participate in the 1717 Innovation Center’s Grow @1717 Nonprofit Accelerator. Additional details are below.
- Application Opens: June 24, 2019
- Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
- Notifications Sent: August 9, 2019
- Accelerator Begins: Week of September 9, 2019
- Accelerator Ends: Week of December 2, 2019
Criteria for Application:
- Nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status
- Richmond based
- Commitment to organizational growth
- Mission and/or vision focused on impacting communities in at least one of the following areas:
- 21st century skill-building
- financial well-being
- small business development
If you have any questions or would like to chat before applying, please reach out to Toria Edmonds-Howell, 1717 Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com.
Here’s the link to apply: https://forms.gle/Ve6p5AK3u6FshhXu8