As we round out 2021, the Community Foundation Learning Team is focusing on bringing a mix of half day and full day learning opportunities that continue our yearly theme of “building operational excellence” in the local nonprofit community. You’ll find more in-depth classes with best practices at the core foundation, combined with tangible and practical applications throughout.
During our first set of Fall classes, you will learn how to identify organizational gaps and opportunities, hiring best practices, the fundamentals of volunteer management, building a strategic roadmap, creating a program evaluation plan and more! Our classes will remain virtual until further notice and we hope to “see” you soon.
How to Register for a Course in the Learning Center
In the Learning Center you’ll find a variety of learning and networking opportunities and online resources for nonprofit staff and board members, throughout the year. You can manage your learning experience in one place at your convenience, explore upcoming offerings, register for events, access course content and more.
You must be a registered/signed in user of ConnectVA to register for a course in the Learning Center
Here are the MANDATORY STEPS to getting started if you aren’t registered:
1) Register on ConnectVA.org with your name and current email address
2) Create a password and sign in with link sent to your email
3) Update your ConnectVA personal profile
- open your dashboard (expand lime green button on left)
- click on “GO TO YOUR PROFILE” and click “Edit” to update (make sure to fill out all information)
4) Proceed to the Learning Center and click “Login” (top right) to activate your Learning Center Account
5) Click on your desired course.
Please note: Do not register for a course on behalf of someone else, please ask them to follow these steps to register themselves.
Questions? Read our Learning Center FAQs!