October 16, 2019 at 5:11 pm #106267
Capital One’s empowHER women’s business resource group is committed to recruiting, developing and supporting female leaders. This commitment to empowering women extends to engagement with our local communities through various events and community service activities. The Central Virginia chapter of empowHER is looking to partner with local nonprofit organizations that support women and families in our community. We are piloting an associate-directed giving model involving one-time project support for creative solutions to community needs.
Central Virginia nonprofits are invited to complete a brief survey application outlining their project idea. Submissions are due by Thursday, October 31.
To Submit A Solution, Apply Here
FAQs and fine print below.
- Associate members of empowHER will select three finalists to present their projects at a live pitch experience at Capital One’s West Creek Campus on Thursday, December 12 from 3-5PM.
- Finalists will receive coaching and guidance from empowHER associates on how to structure and present their pitch.
- The winner will receive $10,000, and both runners up will receive $5,000 to pursue their ideas.
- Grant payments will be received in 2019.
- Additionally, Central Virginia empowHER may partner with finalists to provide volunteer support for project execution in 2020.
- Our goal is to learn about new and exciting opportunities that support women and families in our community in unique and impactful ways.
- We are interested in how your organization could use grant funding and/or volunteer support to positively impact women and families in Central Virginia.
- This grant is a one-time investment and should not be contingent on future support from Capital One.
- Organizations that currently receive Capital One grants can apply for projects or ideas that are not currently funded, but not for additional support of an existing Capital One grant-funded program.
- You do NOT have to be a current Capital One grant-funded organization to participate.
- Organizations may submit more than one idea for consideration should they have multiple needs that meet the criteria.
- Organizations must be located and support a client population in the Central Virginia region (Richmond City, Henrico County, Chesterfield County, Goochland County, and Hanover County).
Capital One does not support the following:
- Organizations without federal tax-exempt status
- Individual, fund-raising or fellowship assistance
- Religion-based organizations for sectarian purposes
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Memorial campaigns
FAQs and fine print below.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.