It’s that time of year again, when we’re all making lists and checking them twice. Join us as we explore ConnectVA’s top lists of 2013, revealing our most popular blog posts from the past year. And the winners are….
ConnectVA User Spotlight:
1) Mandy Arnold, Teen Services Librarian, Tuckahoe Library – “It’s exciting to recommend a book to a teen and few days later, they return raving about it and asking for the sequel.”
2) Patricia Hood, Director, Crater Small Business Development Center – “I love working with our clients — it’s so rewarding to see their businesses grow or branch out in new directions.”
3) Rachel & Roger Reynolds, Co-Founders, CJ’s Thumb’s Up Foundation – Every time we are able to help another family, we feel that it honors CJ and the positive spirit she brought to this world.”
4) Elvira De La Cruz, Director of Programs & Services, The James House – It’s very rewarding to empower clients to become healthy, safe, and self-sufficient. I like knowing that I make a difference in the lives of many people.”
5) Kathryn Zapach, Director of Programs & Services, National MS Society – Central Virginia Chapter – “MS is such an unpredictable disease, varying from person to person and day to day. It really drives home how important our work is and how we need to continue to raise funds and awareness so one day, no one has to hear, ‘You have MS.'”
Tips of the Week:
1) Site Shortcuts – want to save time when on ConnectVA?
2) Message Board Affinity Categories – stay informed on community issues and communicate with similar stakeholders.
3) Requesting an (Additional) Organization or Business Listing – get an organization or business even if you’ve already registered on ConnectVA.
4) Personal Your ConnectVA Experience – take advantage of your ConnectVA personal profile
5) Link to Your Other Online Profiles – easily link your GiveRichmond and HandsOn Greater Richmond profiles
Resources You Can Use: