- This event has passed.
Staff Supervision and Performance Management
November 7, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm| $150
The workplace of today requires both new and experienced supervisors to cope with constant change and increasingly challenging situations. This class will help managers, supervisors and team leaders learn and apply skills and strategies to successfully manage the work while inspiring employees to give their best. Participants will examine case studies and role play challenging supervisory situations to gain interactive experience in applying the course material to their work lives.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the basic responsibilities of a supervisor
- Strategies for motivating a variety of employees
- Delegating effectively
- Creating and communicating clear performance objectives and goals
- Effective communication, coaching skills and giving supportive feedback
- Problem solving and managing performance problems