VSAE 2019 Annual Conference
May 5 - May 7| $245 – $275
VSAE’s Annual Conference is Virginia’s premier educational conference for association professionals. The theme for this year’s conference is, “People, Process & Performance.” It is scheduled for Sunday, May 5 through Tuesday, May 7, and will be hosted by The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA . The conference attracts nearly 200 attendees from all over the Commonwealth. In addition to association executives, the conference draws meeting planners, hoteliers, and other suppliers to the association management industry.
This year’s opening keynote speaker is Michelle Tillis Lederman. Her presentation, “The Relationship Driven Leader: Because People Do Business with People They Like,“ focuses on how our ability to create meaningful and lasting relationships directly impacts our success, from hiring to being a trustworthy leader, to shaping organizational culture. At lunch, keynote speaker Mark Grossman will present, “YOU Can Be the Best Negotiator in the Room: Every Great Association Executive is a Great Negotiator.” This high-energy, entertaining, and yet substantive session will give you the benefit of what Grossman has learned in his 30-plus years as a negotiator.
The three-day conference also includes the following twelve breakout sessions in four distinct tracks.
• Learning to Be Data-Driven – Strategy Before Software – Michael Butera
• Governance – Questions Seldom Asked – Answers Needed – Michael Butera
• Technology Trends and the Effects on Associations – Reggie Henry
• Find Your Fan Factor: Streamline, Organize & Leverage Your Social Media Marketing – Meredith Oliver
• Reframe: The Power of Vulnerability to Unlock Peak Performance – Meredith Oliver
• Using LinkedIn as an Organizational Marketing Tool – Teddy Burriss
• You – The Brand: Determine and Drive How Others See You – Michelle Tillis Lederman
• The Changing Workforce – Brad Dawson
• Which Hats Are You Wearing? Switching Hats to Facilitate Stronger Teams – 2018-2019 ALV Cohort Class
• Increasing Your Networking Effectiveness – Jim Roman
• Take Your Negotiating Skills to the Next Level – Mark Grossman
• Mastering Your Memory – Tyler Enslin
Pre-conference activities and an opening reception occur on Sunday, and a dinner, reception and entertainment take place Monday evening.