Virginia Health Care Foundation and local funders have teamed up to bring free workshops to ensure community-based providers can help people navigate enrollment in Medicaid now that the income guidelines have been expanded to include more people. It is estimated that up to 400,000 uninsured adult Virginians will be newly eligible for Medicaid health coverage on January 1, 2019.
These trainings will be particularly relevant to:
- Adult and family-oriented social service organizations, housing assistance organizations, churches, community action agencies, and home-visiting programs.
- Community colleges, public housing communities, job training programs, tax assistance programs, and cooperative extension offices.
- Health departments, hospitals, free clinics and community health centers.
- Certain employers should also be considered: child care providers, local employers with minimum wage employees, and organizations which employ Community Health Workers.
The “SignUpNow” trainings will teach the “ins and outs” of the eligibility requirements, application procedures, and post-enrollment information for Virginia’s Medicaid and FAMIS programs:
- New adult coverage
- Programs for children and pregnant women
- Plan First (family planning)
- Low Income Families and Children (LIFC) program
SignUpNow participants will be able to provide hands-on assistance to individuals and families who want to apply for Medicaid or FAMIS.
The trainings are being offered across the state and filling up quickly! Locally, there are workshops being offered in greater Richmond on:
- November 10 – a Saturday
- November 16
- November 20
- December 3
- December 18
More workshops are being added, so check the training website for updates and registration!
Thank you to Virginia Health Care Foundation and the following funders who made these workshops possible:
- Anonymous donor advised fund at the Community Foundation
- Bob and Anna Lou Schaberg Fund
- Bon Secours
- Community Foundation
- Jenkins Foundation
- Richmond Memorial Health Foundation
- Robins Foundation
- VCU Health