Do you have questions about how to use the new ConnectVA site? Since we launched our redesign in April, we’ve been answering frequently asked questions in a series of blog posts. As the summer winds down and vacations end, we’ve compiled many of our Tips of the Week here in case you missed one or need to revisit a topic:
- Change Your Password and Update Your Profile – Before you do anything else, your first step should be to change your password to something secure that you can easily remember, and to update your ConnectVA member profile. The Member Directory is searchable, so we recommend you add a photo, your contact information, and links to your social media sites.
- Update Your Organization’s Profile – If you haven’t updated it in a while, make sure your organization description, social media sites, logo, and point of contact are all up-to-date so ConnectVA users can easily find current information about your organization.
- Using Your ConnectVA Dashboard – Need to edit a job? Want to remove a claimed item from the Item Exchange? You can manage your profiles and listings in your pop-out dashboard.
- Request Membership to Your Organization – Did you know that multiple people can manage your organization’s listing and post jobs, events, and more? Make your organization more accessible by encouraging your whole team to create ConnectVA accounts and request membership rights.
- 7 Reasons Why Everyone In Your Organization Should Be on ConnectVA – Speaking of your team, we’ve highlighted all the ways your organization’s staff, from Intern to Executive Director, can use ConnectVA to make their jobs easier.
- How to Edit and Promote a Job Posting – Whether you need to change the job description or are looking for ways to make your listing more visible, this post is for you.
- Post or Update an Event on the Community Calendar – Planning your next event and need to cross-check for good dates? The ConnectVA Event Calendar is a great tool for planning and promoting your public event.
- Subscribe and Post to the Discussion Forum – Use the ConnectVA forums to post news and announcements, funding opportunities, get advice on marketing and volunteer management, and more. Anyone subscribed to a particular forum will get notified of your posting by e-mail.
- Posting in the Items Exchange – Learn how to use our Items Exchange to post in-kind donation needs or available goods for donation.
- ConnectVA’s Got Your Ticket to a Learncation – A summer staycation is a great time to invest in your professional development. Learn about how to use our Resource Library to ramp up your skills.
What other topics would you like to see covered? Tell us in the comments below!