Join ConnectVA on September 4, 2013 as we host Innovation in the Business of Philanthropy in collaboration with GiveRichmond/GiveSouthsideVA, Work it, Richmond, and i.e.* The event is generously sponsored by PlanG.
The evening will feature a dynamic panel of representatives from local giving platforms. We’ve already highlighted panelists Melina Davis-Martin, Co-Founder of PlanG and Brian Marks, found of Bonfire Funds. Now we provide this close-up on Joe Domino, Project Innovation Partner, RVA Card.
“We create simple solutions for charities to gain support and raise funds easily.”
How do you continue to think creatively?
We continue our creativity by persistently working with community advocates that offer unique offerings, perspectives and personalities.
3 things people should know about you:
- Earned a recreation Park Tourism Management degree from Penn State University which inspired an interest in enhancing philanthropic recreation.
- Was introduced to Richmond when I interned at the Flying Squirrels during their inaugural season and fell in love with the city.
- My favorite event that I helped organize was Art on the Avenue in my hometown of Reading, PA. We had 6,000 attendees, which made it the most successful event in its 15 years of conception.
3 things people should know about RVAcard:
- It’s RVA Card’s goal to create efficient systems where local charities can easily benefit while supporting local businesses.
- Charities can raise funds with RVA Card with no upfront costs and without any risk.
- We value creating long-lasting relationships as well as new and existing opportunities that will enhance the community.
Click here to learn more about and register for Innovation the Business of Philanthropy.