CARITAS at The Healing Place Shelter Staff Position
United by our compassion, we help our most vulnerable neighbors break the cycles of homelessness and addiction to reclaim their dignity. We are a family of four programs working to fill the gaps in the homeless services system; CARITAS Shelter, CARITAS Works, The Healing Place and the CARITAS Furniture Bank.
Provide supervision to an overnight shelter for single men. Act as the liaison between THP/CARITAS administrative staff, volunteers, and guests. Support housing first efforts of shelter staff, Shelter Case Management and Director of Shelter Operations to provide assistance and structure for individuals facing a housing crisis.
• Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding staff and clients of CARITAS/THP.
• Observe behavior of individuals seeking shelter during sign-In period, screening out anyone whose behavior is inappropriate according to program guidelines
• Provide information on the recovery programs and encourage participation when appropriate.
• Monitor clients through meetings and evening educational sessions.
• Perform scheduled rounds of the facility to assess and monitor for safety.
• Perform drug screens/alcohol sensor readings on clients in the THP Recovery program.
• Enforce all Shelter guidelines.
• Monitor sleeping areas, lounge area and restrooms throughout the shift.
• Complete the shift report in a timely manner.
• Offer support and encouragement to clients that express and interest for steps towards recovery.
• Attend paid staff trainings.
• Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding staff and clients of CARITAS.
• Provide quality customer service
• Consistently ensure the accurate completion of all paperwork.
• Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisor Specialty Shelter Supervisor and Shelter Case Manager
Hours 4PM-12AM or 12AM-8AM.
|Qualifications: Ability to work well within low barrier shelter Skilled in conflict resolution. Ability to remain calm and handle emergency situations. Good oral and written communication skills. Valid T.B. test within 2 weeks of being hired Current CPR certification required within 1 month of being hired. CARITAS Values: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Servant Leadership – The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization – Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place are necessary for success.|
|$ 10.00 per hour.|
|Ideal for someone looking to gain knowledge in the field of substance abuse.|
How to apply:
|Please submit a cover letter and resume to Patricia Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org|