Website Circles RVA
In the City of Richmond, 25% of adults and 40% of children live in poverty.
Would you like to be part of a nonprofit (501(c)(3)) that helps individuals move out of poverty? Are you good at organizing and training volunteers? Are you familiar with the Richmond community? If so, please read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Circles RVA is hiring a Community Coordinator. This leadership position is a part-time (25 hours per week) job whose primary role is to recruit, train and develop volunteer teams that build capacity around the Circles model. Circles® is a nationally known, proven, and innovative way of connecting people from different socioeconomic backgrounds to move people and families out of poverty.
Our first cohort of program participants – known as Leaders – began in August 2018, and we have started four additional cohorts since then. Each Leader group completes a 12-week training program. Each Leader is then matched with at least two people – known as Allies – to create the Leader’s Circle. Allies become part of their Leader’s social network to help them achieve goals they have set for themselves. Circle Leaders and their Allies work together for at least 18 months. Circles RVA currently works with 20 Leaders and their families and actively manages over 100 volunteers. See www.CirclesRVA.org for more information.
The Community Coordinator focuses outwardly to recruit and train volunteers and support efforts to build awareness and support in the Richmond community. The Community Coordinator works closely with the Circles Coach, a social worker, who supports the Circle Leaders and Allies. Both positions report to the Board of Directors.
Specific responsibilities include:
Outreach, Engagement and Communications (25%)
The Community Coordinator is responsible for promoting and upholding Circles RVA’s mission and public image.
● Plan and execute integrated marketing strategy that includes social media and website
● Develop content and communication materials across print (flyers, annual report, mailings, etc.) and electronic (newsletter, impact reports, etc.) media
● Generate news releases and pursue media relationships and opportunities
● Build long-term relationships to bolster Circles RVA’s growth and impact
Volunteer Recruitment, Program Recruitment and Program Management (50%)
The Community Coordinator is responsible for attracting and retaining Allies, other volunteers and program participants, as well as ongoing program management.
● Proactively build relationships with potential volunteer sources
● Collaborate with local universities for student volunteer and service-learning opportunities
● Use social media and other external sites (Indeed, Hands On Greater Richmond, etc.) to share volunteer opportunities
● Process volunteer applications including screening, interviewing, and onboarding processes
● Ensure all volunteer resource teams are fully “staffed”
● Participate as staff representative on volunteer resource teams including Community/Hospitality, Development, Recruitment and Children’s Program
● Plan semi-annual volunteer appreciation campaigns and events
● Maintain volunteer database
● Maintain active organizational relationships with program referral sources
● Conduct community presentations (service clubs, churches, etc.) to promote Circles
● In collaboration with the Circles Coach, recruit program participants (Leaders) through various means including social media campaigns, referral programs, and hosting informational sessions
● In collaboration with the Circles Coach, participate in the interview and intake process for new Leaders
● Support the part-time Outreach Coordinator and ongoing Leader recruitment efforts
The Community Coordinator supports fundraising efforts performed by the volunteer Development Team. Specific tasks include:
● Write compelling grant requests and complete related tracking/reporting
● Create development calendar and identify development opportunities
● Generate infographics, appeal letters, presentation decks, and other materials
● Manage donor acknowledgement processes
● Assist in maintaining donor management system
General Administration (10%)
The Community Coordinator also performs administrative tasks, as needed, that include but are not limited to:
● Coordinate volunteer and logistical support for weekly Circles RVA meetings
● Participate on Leadership Team
● Plan and execute special events
● Create Board Meeting materials (Agenda, Slide Deck, etc.)
● Work with Circles Coach to review and interpret program data
● Act as a liaison between Circles RVA and the Circles USA network of sharing
● Other administrative tasks as required
|The position requires the following skills and attributes: • A passion for eliminating poverty and helping persons in poverty achieve their life goals • The ability to relate authentically and effectively with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills • The ability to foster good relations with Circle Leaders, Allies, co-workers, Resource Team Chairs, volunteers, and the community at-large • Strong organizational skills • The ability to work independently but recognize when to elevate a question or problem • The ability to organize meeting and event logistics • The ability to attract people to Circles RVA, gain their commitment, and make them happy to participate with Circles RVA • Experience with Google Suite, Constant Contact, and the ability to learn other software programs • Flexibility to work some evenings, including Tuesday evenings during Circles RVA’s weekly programming • Knowledge of the Richmond area and contact with organizations that relate to Circles RVA’s mission|
|Compensation is based on experience; the range is $20 - $25 per hour.|
|This position is a telecommuting and in-person position that offers a great deal of flexibility in the structure of the hours worked. Some evening work is required.|
How to apply:
|Please send resumes to HR@WarrenWhitney.com and indicate “Circles Coordinator” in the subject line. For best consideration, please respond by July 2, 2021. The position will remain open until filled. EEOC.|
|Communication/Public Relations/Marketing, Community Relations, Volunteer Coordination|