Website Association of Fundraising Professionals, Central Virginia Chapter
The Virginia Fund Raising Institute (VFRI) is a cooperative effort of six of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Virginia Chapters through the AFP Virginia Caucus. These chapters organize annually to coordinate VFRI and advance philanthropy through education and fellowship. Founded in 1992, VFRI hosts interactive educational workshops and several keynote presentations designed to inspire and equip development professionals, board members, and executive directors to excel in fundraising and nonprofit management. VFRI take place each July and welcomes over 250 attendees, sponsors, speakers, and guests.
Purpose of the Position
The part-time VFRI Conference Administrator will provide administrative and event support to ensure the success of the conference each summer. The position report to the Chair of the AFP Virginia Caucus and works directly with the VFRI planning committee.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
• Provide administrative support to the AFP Virginia Caucus, including: monitoring phone inquiries; storing records in an orderly and secure manner; and monitoring main VFRI email address
• Participate in meetings for VFRI Caucus and VFRI Planning Committee. This includes one in-person meeting of the Caucus annually. The remainder of Caucus and Committee meetings are held via conference call.
• Work with VFRI chair and co-chair to create and maintain timeline for event organization.
• Manage the registration process using the selected software vendor. Answer questions regarding registration process. Provide regular and timely updates to the Planning Committee regarding registration.
• Coordinate with Bookkeeper to provide timely updates on income and expenses. Help to ensure the Caucus complies and is current with all local, state and federal regulations, insurance policies, SCC reports and 990 and 1099 filings.
• Work with Planning Committee to maintain and update databases to include members, potential and confirmed sponsors and exhibitors, and the broadcast email distribution list.
• Serve as liaison with conference facility. Negotiate contracts with facility, with approval of Committee and/or Caucus leadership.
• Apply for CFRE credits in advance of conference. Provide copies of surveys and CFRE forms for each workshop.
• Provide support to Marketing Committee by updating website content and sending email blasts.
• Provide support to Programs Committee to distribute breakout session RFP, maintain records of RFPs received, and communicate with chosen speakers regarding their AV and presentation needs.
• Work with Hospitality Committee to print speaker evaluation forms and coordinate conference registration bags.
• Provide support for event logistics and on-site administrative tasks including:
o Staff the registration desk, with support by committee volunteers.
o Print attendee, sponsor and exhibitor lists for distribution at conference.
o Produce punch card for participants to take to sponsor tables.
o Purchase speaker and keynote gifts. Purchase punch card raffle prize if not donated.
o Produce name badges for attendees, speakers, exhibitors.
o Secure signage needed for event.
o Coordinate of technology/audio-visual needs for workshops with hotel.
|Three to five years of experience in clerical and event support position. • Proficiency with Word and Excel. • Proficiency with Constant Contact or a similar product. • Knowledge of updating and maintaining websites. • Detail oriented and responsive; takes initiative. • Fund development or marketing experience a plus. • VFRI Administrator will work from own office and use own computer equipment • Preference to applicants located in the Richmond area|
|Based on experience|
|Scope of Hours and Compensation based on experience. It is anticipated that the VFRI Administrator will work an average of 2-4 hours per week, with varying hours. Hours will be the highest January through July. The VFRI Administrator will be an independent contractor and will be expected to sign a contract outlining scope of work and hours, hourly rate and other expenses, confidentiality, and termination clause.|
How to apply:
|To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to: Kate Renalds firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative & Office Support|
|Association of Fundraising Professionals, Central Virginia Chapter|