Website Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity
The Construction Supervisor is the heart and soul of Habitat for Humanity’s mission. The Construction Supervisor is responsible for managing the completion of multiple construction projects throughout the Richmond Metro area. This includes assisting with plan and site development, developing and implementing construction quality assurance methods, training and managing subcontractors and volunteers, and ensuring the affordable and timely completion of all projects. A unique (and FUN!) aspect of this position is the ability to mobilize skilled and unskilled volunteers to assist throughout the construction process and build relationships with individuals looking to make a difference in their community! The Construction Supervisor also acts as a Habitat Ambassador, educating volunteers about Habitat for Humanity and the importance of their work.
This position ensures all projects are built with quality and in accordance with federal, state, local laws and RMHFH guidelines while balancing a commitment to the safety of all site personnel. This position requires demonstrated knowledge and expertise in construction, project material and cost estimation, site analysis and OSHA guidelines. Must also have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to RMHFHs’ mission, structure and principles. Great benefits package and vehicle provided by company.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists VP of Construction & Real Estate in the development of short and long term construction plans for each build season, ensuring each project includes target dates and volunteer requirements
• Prepares material and labor estimation for each project and ensures the most cost-effective methods and resources are used to complete each project
• Tracks and maintains the construction/build schedule for each site and ensures the adherence to timely completion
• Manages the general contracting duties of each project as it pertains to safety, insurance, permits, waivers, and all other building-related activities
• Performs construction /site development analysis of potential projects; providing the VP of Construction & Real Estate with the initial analysis on all aspects of the work scope including budgetary, environmental and regulatory requirements
• Ensures the correct permits and inspections are obtained at the appropriate phase of each project
• Mobilizes and builds relationships with skilled and unskilled volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors in order to complete the construction process.
• Acts as an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity by educating volunteers about Habitat for Humanity and the importance of their work.
• Ensures the training and safety of all site personnel; conducting periodic safety audits to ensure compliance and consistency with RMHFH and OSHA standards
• Manages the security of all sites, materials, and tools and ensures site personnel are trained in property security
• Coordinates in-kind construction donations (material and service gifts), in coordination with the VP of Construction & Real Estate
• Performs warranty and repair work as directed by the VP of Construction & Real Estate
• In coordination with the VP of Construction & Real Estate, ensures HUD funded projects adhere to Davis Bacon requirements
• Responsible for ensuring OSHA guidelines are created, posted appropriately and rectified at each site
• Investigate damages, accidents and delays to construction / land development sites
• Creates/maintains written monthly status reports on construction projects, schedules, other reports as deemed necessary by the VP of Construction & Real Estate
• May participate in the development of all policies and procedures relating to land acquisition, construction, and procurement
• Other duties as assigned
|KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES • Commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s global mission, principles and structure • Demonstrable knowledge of local, state and federal laws, local regulations and procedures, as it pertains to land development, construction; to include but not limited to, permits, licenses, inspections and surveys • Knowledge of local, state and federal building codes • Experience with project budgeting and material estimation • Must be PC proficient with experience in MS Office, proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook • Ability to solicit, establish and maintain effective relationships with all business partners • Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and thrive in a fast paced work environment • Able to attend evening and weekend meetings as required • Ability to withstand inclement weather, to include, but not limited to rain, extreme cold and heat • Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs • Construction certification preferred • Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred • Basic land acquisition knowledge preferred MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: ● 3 years construction experience ● 2 years construction site supervisory experience ● Valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record|
|Salary commensurate with experience|
|Richmond Habitat provides a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, health benefits, retirement plans, and more.|
How to apply:
|Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity|