CrossOver Healthcare Ministry
Job Title: Dental Director (DDS/DMD)
Reports To: Medical Director
Position Type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
The Dental Director is the leader of the CrossOver dental program. This employee is primarily responsible for providing dental care to CrossOver’s patients enrolled in Medicaid, and will also serve CrossOver’s uninsured patients as their schedule allows. Their primary clinical responsibilities include examining, diagnosing, and treating diseases, injuries, and malformations of the oral environment. This includes treatments of diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth, fit dental appliances, and/or provide preventive care by performing the duties outlined below, in accordance with the organization’s mission and vision statements.
• Lead the dental program – clinical leadership and support to dental program staff and volunteers.
• Provide information and statistics for the CrossOver Board of Directors, Committees and Taskforce/Workgroups. Attend meetings when appropriate.
• Evaluate dental data and current research to determine changes and trends and implications for dental program.
• Promote an integrated care model and educate individuals about the connection between oral health and overall health. Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare team to coordinate care for individual patients, as well as enhance teamwork and continually improve systems of care.
• Work with Senior CrossOver Leadership and Dental Team to incorporate Volunteer feedback to maximize volunteer satisfaction and level of service to patients.
• Work collaboratively with CrossOver leadership, dental support staff and employed clinicians to attain goals for efficiency, satisfaction, and productivity.
• Approve the coding and submission of Medicaid claims;
• Supervise employed and volunteer hygienists;
• Provide clinical supervision to other dental staff.
• Advise and instruct patients (children and adults) regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
• Examine and treat teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnoses diseases or abnormalities, and plans appropriate treatments or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in alignment with approved clinical protocols and guidelines
• Design, make, and fit limited prosthodontic appliances, such as brux guards, flippers or dentures * with probable expansion of various prosthodontic services in the future
• Provide basic restorative and extraction services in a “limited services” clinic model.
• Effectively use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and surgical implements.
• Follow OSHA and Bloodborne Pathogen regulations and recommendations
• Write prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications.
• Record patient-dentist encounters as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care of treatment provided.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned to achieve organizational goals and program objectives.
• Maintain state licensure requirements and continuing education requirements. Maintain credentialing with DentaQuest and any other insurance companies required by CrossOver.
• Work in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and industry standards.
|QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE • Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university from accredited Dental School. • Current and unrestricted licensed Dentist in the State of Virginia by the American Dental Association (ADA) • Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) • Proficiency with electronic health records • Experience working in a healthcare safety-net/non-profit setting, as well as working with a diverse, multicultural patient population comprised of both patients enrolled in Medicaid and uninsured patients • Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic is not required, but would be beneficial considering CrossOver’s multicultural, multilingual patient population|
|to be determined|
How to apply:
|CrossOver Healthcare Ministry|