Website Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia serves over 12,000 girls and 5,500 volunteer members. Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Digital Marketing & Web Specialist is responsible for the user interface and overall customer/Girl Scout Member experience for internal and external websites including overall navigation flow, publishing content, layout of pages, and creation of individual graphic elements. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing campaigns that enhance brand awareness and promote the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, manage and execute effective marketing and communications campaigns through email and marketing automation.
• Optimize the customer/Girl Scout Member journey from lead capturing to lead nurturing and conversion using email drip and appropriate campaigns.
• Ensure all digital marketing messages generated are in compliance with the Council’s brand guidelines.
• Capture key digital marketing metrics and analyze trends to optimize performance.
• Create strategies to drive online traffic to website.
• Continually monitor and ensure optimal performance of sites. Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately and sites are accessible via a variety of browser types.
• Implement search engine optimization strategies.
• Assist in creating plans, procedures and activities to support business recovery when problems occur. This includes such things as backup and restoration procedures, vendor agreements, data retention, and restoration planning.
• Develop website performance metrics; analyze site traffic and create reports.
• Work collaboratively with all departments to update existing web pages and create new landing pages, ensuring pages are consistently updated and easily searchable.
• Ensure all internal and external sites are in compliance with branding guidelines and use consistent messaging.
• Compose technical documentation as required.
• Ensures that diversity and pluralism is embraced and incorporated into the work of the council.
• Actively supports and promotes the Council’s commitment to excellence in member services, membership growth, community visibility and diversity.
|Experience and Skills: • Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience. • Minimum 2 years’ experience in web content management and/or digital marketing. • Must have knowledge of web content management systems, HTML, and CSS; Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Constant Contact preferred. Knowledge of e-commerce sites, data modeling, and database design concepts. • Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, customer relationship management systems (Salesforce preferred). Ability to learn new software required. • Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. • Strong grammar, proofreading, and editing skills. • Ability to analyze information, formulate work plans, articulate goals, and produce required statistical reports. • Ability to work independently and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines. • Demonstrate a commitment and ability to interact with diverse populations.|
How to apply:
|To apply, please see the employment section of our website at http://www.comgirlscouts.org. Please email your cover letter, application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com..|
|Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia|