Website Junior Achievement of Central Virginia
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: President and CEO
Location: Richmond, VA
FTE Status: Full-Time
Junior Achievement of Central Virginia seeks a dynamic, creative, and organized individual with a growth mindset to join our fast-paced, project-based team, who has demonstrated success in fundraising. This position raises financial support to meet the goals of the organization through corporations, foundations, events and individuals, as well as promoting Junior Achievement’s brand.
1. Plans, organizes and directs the general operating campaign. Identifies and rates prospects. Organizes and qualifies the prospect list. Manages the processes of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors.
2. Manages and implements fundraising strategies for individual and corporate solicitations through direct mail and personal appeals; manages online fundraising campaigns.
3. Researches and identifies the corporations, foundations and/or individual donors to fund the programs. Provides the necessary tools including proposals, brochures, etc. for solicitation. Provides follow up for all existing proposals.
4. Responsible for the management of all grant efforts through the entire grant cycle.
5. Organizes and executes special event fundraisers, including virtual events. Successfully executes sponsorship and stewardship recognition plans. Identifies and solicits in-kind donations for events. Establishes and executes all event logistics, including leadership and oversight for event production, from planning, invitations, programs/brochures to wrap-up (timelines, meetings, staffing, run of show, etc.).
6. Works with President to meet with, engage and develop new and existing donors, sponsors and prospects. Provides all appropriate follow up. Assists with best practices donor relationship management and stewardship.
7. Implements marketing strategies aligned with the JA Strategic Plan. Maintains ongoing relationships with local media outlets to increase credibility and image of Junior Achievement. Maintains JA website, social media content, and newsletters.
8. Assists with the preparation of the income and expense budget and cash flow projections, including the tracking of revenues, expenses and budget adjustments.
9. Develops and/or manages the information system which tracks prospects, sponsors, donors and funding history. Assures that all data is up-to-date and correct. Works with Controller to invoice and collect pledges in a timely manner. Prepares accurate and timely reports.
10. Assists Fundraising and Special Events Board Committee in carrying out their specific functions. Prepares materials for Board and Committee meetings. Assists President in identifying prospects for expanding committee.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
BACKGROUND CHECK: This position is subject to the successful completion of a background check / verification of educational credentials contained in resume.
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF CENTRAL VIRGINIA (JACV)
The mission of Junior Achievement is to empower young people to own their economic success through financial literacy, workforce readiness and entrepreneurship education. By showing students how money, careers, and business ownership work through proven programs and the help and mentorship of volunteer role models from the community, Junior Achievement is empowering these students to have a belief in themselves supported by a foundation in these real-world life skills. Junior Achievement of Central Virginia serves over 25,000 K-12 students throughout Richmond and surrounding areas.
|Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Three or more years’ experience in development, including proven success in fundraising/sales. Foundation knowledge, including experience with grant writing and reporting. Ability to manage multiple priorities, strong initiative and self-direction. Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills. Computer and database management literacy and strong social media skills. Ability to work some evening and weekend hours. Desired: Certified Fund Raising Executive|
|Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.|
|Junior Achievement of Central Virginia offers benefits, which include medical/dental/life insurances, retirement plan, and paid time off.|
How to apply:
|To apply, email cover letter and resume to Amanda Landron at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2020. Please use “Director of Development – Your Name” as the subject line. Please do not attach a cover letter. Instead, include the cover letter in the body of your email.|
|Communication/Public Relations/Marketing, Fund Development|
|Junior Achievement of Central Virginia|