Website HomeAid Northern Virginia
Summary of Position: HomeAid Northern Virginia seeks a Director of Events with solid event management leadership experience, preferably within the local non profit industry. The ideal candidate should also have a basic understanding of homeless shelter and continuum of care operations, effective volunteer recruitment and supervision skills, an understanding of how public/private sector collaborations are created and event management experience. Project budgeting, financial knowledge and experience with data collection and reporting methodologies are also desired.
Event Coordination & Planning
• Manage full production and planning of annual Gala & Auction event; serve as a member of the event Committee;
o Co-Chair Event/Procurement Committees: Which will include scheduling committee meetings and preparing meeting materials; encouraging and supporting the committee to meet event financial and attendance goals, manage and track all procurement items for the Silent Auction; manage volunteers and provide on-site support during event; manage all pre & post-event marketing, acknowledgments and financial reconciliations. Work in collaboration with event Auctioneer to fully manage Registration Software.
• Plan and organize all other annual events such as the Builder & Trade Partner BBQ, Wolf Trap Shelter Event, our annual golf tournament and Top Golf Event; which includes , but is not limited to; recruiting volunteers to assist in planning and on-site activities as needed; provide support on-site for events and coordinate on-site responsibilities for staff. Managing all logistics and marketing pre and post event. Handling all registration and assisting the CEO with all sponsorship needs.
• Coordinate staff volunteers and assist with any logistics needed for several third party events throughout the year
• Manage all thank you letters and donor acknowledgements related to events
• Create and maintain event reports including Registration, Sponsorships and Procurement items, advertising and other reports as needed
• Responsible for preparing as well as managing all event specific budgets as part of the greater organizational budget
• Applying metrics to event outcomes to allow us to continue appropriate growth and make changes as needed.
• Manage, prepare and schedule all marketing and promotion of HomeAid events
• Arrange for and manage vendor services for all eventsServe as the point-of-contact for all HomeAid events
• Update database and event spreadsheets with all relevant information such as attendee registration, sponsors, and other data from event
• Other event responsibilities may be assigned
• Interview, hire, and supervise intern (one each spring, fall, summer)
• Attend all HomeAid events, third party events, and other events as needed.
• Visit event sites as needed.
• Other local travel to pick up items and for meetings as needed.
|• Understanding and passion for HomeAids mission. • Minimum five years’ experience with a non-profit organization in the areas of fundraising, marketing, special events. College degree preferred. • Must be highly organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with attention to detail. • Must be comfortable with and proficient in delegation of tasks to both staff and volunteers • Excellent written and oral communications skills; must be proficient and concise. • Must be able to work on your own with little supervision. • Experience leading/managing volunteers and board members • Highly organized, intuitive and detail oriented • Must have a positive attitude and be a team player. • Ability to relate to people from various backgrounds, experiences, and professions. • Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing schedule of activities. • Considerable computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite and internet searches) including use of DonorPerfect or similar fundraising database a plus; familiarity with WordPress, Constant Contact, and EventGives or similar also desirable. • Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, as needed to attend events. • Must demonstrate initiative, superb attitude, and dedication to serving all stakeholders.|
|We offer insured benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance at no cost to the employee (family members can be added to the plan); and retirement plan. We offer a flexible work environment including a 37.5 hour work week, Paid-Time-Off, and professional development opportunities.|
How to apply:
|Send a letter of interest and resume electronically to email@example.com|
|Administrative & Office Support, Communication/Public Relations/Marketing, Community Relations, Management|
|HomeAid Northern Virginia|