Website Sabot at Stony Point
Sabot at Stony Point seeks a dedicated, dynamic and experienced full-time Director of Finance to oversee the school’s financial operations to ensure the delivery of programs and sustainability of the school. This includes strategic financial planning, budgeting, accounting and the annual audit and 990. The Director of Finance serves as a key member of the senior leadership team and on the Board of Directors’ Finance Committee. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in independent school or non-profit finance and will be a dynamic and innovative thinker with stellar communication and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with multiple constituencies, possesses strong time-management skills, takes initiative and is a collaborative problem solver. The Director of Finance will play a crucial role in shaping the school’s strategic vision for the future. Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess an enthusiastic commitment to the importance of building and sustaining a diverse, just, inclusive, and equitable environment.
The Director’s essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements with respect to labor, benefits, human resource issues, and required employee policies, as well as working with the Director of Operations on required employee training;
– Manage the school’s employee benefit program with the Director of Operations;
– Provide appropriate benchmark data and information to the Head of School and/or the Board, as appropriate, for compensation comparisons and the preparation of employment offers or arrangements;
– Review and approve the semi-monthly payroll processes ensuring timely and accurate pay, reimbursements, and deductions for all employees.
– Work with the Head of School and Board of Directors on all aspects of budget and finance, including ongoing management of expenses, monthly and quarterly reporting, tuition setting, budget creation, and delivery of performance data;
– Prepare the annual operating and capital budgets;
– Manage and track expenditures according to the budget;
– Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports prepared by the Bookkeeper and make appropriate adjustments and changes, ensuring timely reporting;
– Manage regular and frequent communication with creditors to maintain positive working relationships;
– Lead the school’s financial planning and long-term projections in collaboration with the Board of Directors’ Finance Committee;
– Maintain ongoing awareness of the School’s financial position, opportunities, and risks.
– Oversee the school’s accounting practices, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of recording and reporting, adherence to state and federal law, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
– Oversee and approve accounts payable;
– Oversee accounts receivables and ensure timely collections;
– Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs;
– Coordinate and oversee the annual audit and internal controls, annual tax filings, annual UBIT, and other required financial reports.
– Oversee risk management and the renewal of the School’s property, casualty, and liability programs;
– Lead the ongoing training of the Crisis Response Team;
– Maintain professional relationships with the School’s banks, attorneys, auditors, insurance carriers, contractors and accrediting organizations.
– Manage the Tuition Assistance Program with the support of the Director of Enrollment Management;
– Work with parents on financial issues relevant to their children’s enrollment at the School.
– Collaborate with the Director of Development and Board of Directors to support individual giving and major gifts, manage the tracking, recording and reporting of gifts, and ensure the timely acknowledgement of gifts;
– Serve as a non-voting ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and attend monthly meetings, preparing relevant reports to inform conversations, decisions, and planning.
– Represent the school at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role;
– Perform lunch, recess, arrival, and dismissal duties as requested;
– Other duties, as required and requested by the Head of School.
|QUALIFICATIONS The Director of Finance will generally have at least the following qualifications: - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, advanced degree in accounting, MBA or CPA preferred. - Experience in education or not-for-profit finance and accounting. - Dynamic and innovative thinking, excellent communication and organizational skills. - Enthusiasm for the mission and vision of Sabot at Stony Point School and the ability to work collaboratively with other staff. - Knowledge and experience with benefit administration, labor law and other human resource management issues, facilities management and risk management - Be accessible, approachable and welcoming. - Willingness to participate fully in the life of the School. - Maintain exceptional interpersonal skills and professional presence. - Be proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, Veracross, Quickbooks and other relevant technology. - Have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple, competing projects and meeting established goals. - Handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity. - Demonstrates professionalism, engagement, and kindness to all children, staff and families regardless of race, religion, nationality, abilities, familial status or make up, gender identity or gender expression; - Upon employment, be able to pass criminal and financial background checks.|
|$90,000 - $100,00|
|Health Insurance: Sabot contributes 75% of costs for employees and 25% for dependents/spouses Dental: Employee contributes 100% Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance: Sabot contributes 100% of the premium Voluntary vision program Flexible Benefits Account Simple IRA: 2% nonelective contribution (employee is not required to contribute to receive Sabot contribution)|
How to apply:
|Applications will be considered for an immediate start date. To Apply: Candidates must submit the following materials electronically (as separate PDF attachments) to HR@sabotatstonypoint.org with the subject of the email as “Director of Finance”. - Letter of interest - Resume - Contact information (email address and phone number) for three professional references|
|Leadership & Executive|
|Sabot at Stony Point|