Website Assisting Families of Inmates
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Programs plays a critical role in helping AFOI achieve its vision to provide high-quality, supportive programs while ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. The Director of Programs will assist with staff management and will be a key external face of AFOI in the community. The Director of Programs is responsible for a variety of significant activities including that of program oversight, operations and expansion, program evaluation and development. They will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective processes and communications in order to strengthen AFOI’s programs and position the organization for continued success.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a results-proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the ED, work collaboratively with a high-performance management team, and help forge lasting partnerships to build on AFOI’s community impact and success.
– Implement and manage day-to-day operations of programs, primarily the organization’s three programming buckets – Visitation Services, Family Support Services and Children’s Services
– Analyze, forecast, and report on key program statistics, pointing out trends and making recommendations to ED
– Collaborate with other community agencies to promote partnerships and enhance service options for children and families impacted by incarceration
– Promote positive program results by monitoring program goals and objectives and ensure proper data collection tools and measures are in place
– Other duties as assigned.
– Act as on-call contact during specified months for program issues (rotating on-call)
– Manage and evaluate assigned program staff, team members and volunteers
– Assist with board meetings and appropriately work with board members and assigned board committee(s)
– Assist with fundraising and grant-writing as they relate to AFOI programming buckets
– Other administrative duties as assigned.
Outreach & Technology
– Engage key supporters throughout the year and promote services and programs; this position is a key external facing position for the organization
– Work with Director of Operations and Development to assist in the creation of compelling content for the website, printed materials, reports, etc.
– Must be proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce/database software
– Some travel, night and weekend engagements
– Other duties as assigned.
|- Applicants should have a Master of Social Work degree (or related human services field) and a minimum of 3-5 years team management experience. - Applicants must submit to, and pass, a complete background screening - to include VCIN/NCIC and fingerprinting - for the Virginia Department of Corrections and the Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice. - Applicants must have strong computer skills and the ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Salesforce, Outlook and other systems. - Applicants should be familiar with the criminal justice system. - Applicants must have experience working with diverse populations; a belief in diversity, inclusion, and belonging; and the ability to relate well to people/stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization. - Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be organized with high levels of critical-thinking and attention to detail (essential).|
|Annual, Sick & Compensatory Leave. Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance. Paid Parking. Telework Opportunities.|
How to apply:
|Submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EMAIL SUBJECT LINE - DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS. Applicant deadline – OPEN UNTIL FILLED, ROLLING INTERVIEWS.|
|Community Relations, Other, Programming, Social Work|
|Assisting Families of Inmates|