Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
Who we’re looking for
The position is primarily responsible for the management of the satellite sites. In addition, the position is responsible for recruiting, reviewing, and training of volunteer drivers for Meals on Wheels. Community networking and identification of outreach opportunities is critical to sustain a level of trained corporate groups, civic groups and individuals necessary to safely and effectively deliver meals to homebound individuals.
Our service area includes Cities of Richmond, Hopewell, Petersburg and Colonial Heights; Counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Hanover, Goochland, Henrico, New Kent, Louisa, Powhatan, Dinwiddie and Prince George.
Department: Programs Department
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position: Full time
Supervisory Responsibilities: All Field Site Associates
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What will you do?
• Manage the daily operations of the satellite sites, including supervision of staff and volunteers.
• Responsible for recruitment and outreach for Meals on Wheels. Regular community networking and presentations required. Outreach may include MOW client outreach and sharing of information on other Feed More volunteer opportunities.
• Assist with development of strategic recruitment plan
• Coordination with Field Site Associates regarding outlying outreach opportunities. Coordinates staff or volunteers to participate in these opportunities.
• Oversight of volunteer application process, including submission of background checks to Human Resources.
• Schedule, promote and conduct regular volunteer orientations in the metro area.
• Schedule, promote and conduct volunteer refreshers/orientations at satellite sites, at least annually.
• Regular communication with Field Site Associates on volunteer needs.
• Assist with Field Site Associate training by training staff members on volunteer recruitment and retention.
• Work closely with Communications on media outreach.
• Work with Client Services to resolve volunteer-client issues in a timely manner as they arise.
• Assist Volunteer Department with the Annual Volunteer Picnic and other volunteer appreciation events for Feed More.
• Included as essential staff during inclement weather. Assist with coordination of staffing and volunteers as needed.
• Required attendance at program meetings.
• Is a positive, enthusiastic ambassador for Feed More, taking every opportunity to promote its programs and services.
• Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
|Must have: • Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of proven work experience or a combination of education and experience that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities • Experience as a volunteer and/or in volunteer coordination • Knowledge of the greater Richmond – Petersburg Metro community • Strong interpersonal skills, good time management skills • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, strong problem solving skills • Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities • Proficient in MS Office: i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to work with database software • Ability to meet crises calmly, exercise good judgment, solve problems, show attention to detail and accuracy • Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines • Must be organized, planned, and detail oriented, and be adaptable to changing environments • Strong leadership skills, public speaking, and writing abilities. • The position requires the individual to work during inclement weather. • Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs. • Must have flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs. • Must be available for occasional weekend and evening hours as needed for the program or Volunteer Department needs as well as off-site outreach opportunities. • Must have own automobile and be prepared to use it on the job. Must have a current Va. Driver’s license and good driving record. • Must be willing to travel within the service area of Feed More - 31 counties and 5 cities to help in recruitment and training of volunteers Ideally, will have: • Prior experience with non-profit organizations • Strong customer service expertise • Knowledge of food bank programs and an awareness of how specific functions relate to programs and the mission of food banks • Experience in public speaking • Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about volunteering • Creative thinking skills • Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus|
|Starting at $45,000|
|Company Benefits: In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.|
How to apply:
|How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 17, 2021. We kindly request no phone inquiries. Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|