Rural Family Development, Inc., Head Start
The Fiscal Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Monitor internal control policies in consultation with the Head Start Director and Head Start Federal Grants Specialist.
• Assure financial management procedures in compliance with OMB A-110 including the RFD Procurement Policy.
• Recommend improvements in control policies when needed at all levels within the organization.
• Report potential deficiencies at time of discovery to Head Start Director and make recommendations for correction.
• Administer credit card controls.
• Review guidelines for financial transactions for Site Personnel on an ongoing and regular schedule through the operational year.
-Budget Functions and Financial Reporting
• Prepare budget proposals based on prior year analysis, future cost projections, and input from program staff, including suggestions given to staff by the RFD Policy Council and the RFD Board.
• Develop financial data for new program proposals and cost projections for specific projects.
• Develop year-end projections to prevent cost overruns and to ensure the full expenditure of authorized funds.
• Monitor all expenditures for compliance with approved budgets.
• Project a surplus or shortage in CACFP/USDA funds based on an evaluation of actual and projected expenditures and revenue.
• Monitor revenue and expenditure reports and assist in maintaining a positive cash flow.
• Provide guidance and training to program staff to increase their understanding of the budget and compliance issues during in-service, pre-service and on-going.
• Prepare financial reports.
• Authorize budget allocations (including wage rates) and payment of all invoices.
• Review General Ledger for appropriate allocations and compliance with OMB A-122.
• Alert Head Start Director of deficiencies in processing accounts payable and payroll.
• Provide guidance to the Fiscal staff on: -Differentiating between program and administrative costs.
• Compliance on all grantee and government regulations regarding payroll.
• Prepare annual adjustments to the salary scale and provide guidance to other staff in its implementation.
• Provide oversight and management of RFD payroll accounting system.
• Prepare for and participate as required in financial audits.
• Review all contracts, receipts and expenditures for processing.
• Allocate cash receipts.
• Review insurance policies for accuracy and appropriate coverage including RFD leased vehicles.
• Prepare, submit and track reimbursement requests for parent travel, disabilities services and other special projects.
• Authorize all accounts with vendors.
• Contribute to the development of the Chart of Accounts in cooperation with the Federal Head Start Grants Specialist.
• File workers’ compensation claims within established time frames and follow-up as required.
|Preferred: BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least 5 years of fiscal experience. Accepted: AA/AS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with equivalent experience with at least 10 years of fiscal experience. Experience in public sector grants management MIP administrative experience, ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with a high degree of accuracy, ability to handle sensitive employee related issues, possess a superior level of computer competency, familiarity with contract management, familiarity with Worker's Compensation laws and record-keeping, at least 3-5 years of experience with audits, ability to perform statistical analysis, and must have good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate, work, and communicate with adults from various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.|
|Compensation is based on education and experience.|
|This position is part-time, 20 hours per week, year-round.|
How to apply:
|Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.|
|Administrative & Office Support|
|Rural Family Development, Inc., Head Start|