Website Health Brigade
Secure grant funding to underwrite agency expenses and help ensure that agency remains in good standing with funders through appropriate use of funds and timely reporting.
• Manage grants program of $1.5 – $2M annually.
• Meet agency budget goals set for grants in the following funder categories: Foundations, Corporations,
Faith Communities, Associations and Government
• Identify grant prospects through independent research and collaboration with agency staff/Board
• Prepare and submit funding requests and grant reports in a timely manner. Responsible for
drafting/assembly of entire submission – narrative, budget/financial report, attachments
• Collaborate with Executive Director, Program Directors, project personnel and Accounting staff to develop
proposals (project framework, objectives and budget) and to complete grant reports.
• As needed, assist the Director of Resources & Philanthropy and the Executive Director in
establishing/maintaining relationships with current and prospective funders (site visits, calls, etc.)
• Maintain grants calendar and grant files (electronic, hard copy)
• Prepare reports regarding grant revenue projections/grant status for Director of Resources & Philanthropy
and, as needed, for Executive Director and Board/Board committees
• Participate in regular team and agency staff meetings
• Assist with other Resources & Philanthropy team activities (Open Houses, special events, Annual Report,
etc.) as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
|Employment Qualifications • Strong organizational skills • Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing • Strong research and analytical skills • Basic understanding of budget drafting/financial reporting. Mathematical skills a plus. • Ability to manage multiple priorities, be flexible and work within tight and changing deadlines • Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with agency staff/Board members • Ability to work effectively on a team and independently • Self-directed • Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Word and the Internet. Familiarity with Excel, QuickBooks, Foundation Directory Online a plus.|
|Commensurate with experience|
|Full time benefits, paid vacations and holidays|
How to apply:
|Please submit cover letter and resume to Polly Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Health Brigade does not discriminate in hiring practices, services or policy with regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.|