Website Henrico Court Appointed Special Advocates, Inc.
Henrico County CASA, Inc.
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
The Volunteer Coordinator will be a member of the Case Management Team under the supervision of the Program Manager. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the CASA program. The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will include volunteer recruitment, screening, training, case assignment, case supervision, report editing, court hearing liaison and recognition.
Volunteer casework 90%
▪ Supervise volunteers in compliance with program policies and support the volunteers during court hearings. Attend Family Partnership Meetings, Family Assessment Planning Team Meetings, Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meetings, and any other relevant meetings related to the child.
▪ Assign active volunteers to ongoing caseload.
▪ Initiate letter to principals when case is opened.
▪ Make a minimum of one monthly contact with each volunteer and schedule regular case conferences as required by the Program Manager.
▪ Consult with DSS staff and guardian ad litem attorneys regarding needs and volunteer assignments.
▪ Keep Program Manager informed of any problems or concerns involving CASAs or others which might have a negative impact on the organization.
▪ Read, edit and prepare all CASA case reports for approval of the Program Manager.
▪ Ensure that all CASA case reports are submitted to the court in a timely manner.
▪ Attend appropriate conferences and workshops for the development of program for volunteers.
Volunteer training 5%
▪ Recruit, screen, schedule and interview prospective volunteers.
▪ Schedule, coordinate, teach or attend training classes.
▪ Develop and maintain training manual for staff-lead training sessions.
▪ Develop multiple Continuing Education opportunities for volunteers.
▪ Ensure that each active volunteer completes 12 hours of Continuing Education per year.
Planning and evaluation 2%
▪ Work with the Program Manager to develop and implement plans to achieve the volunteer program’s goals.
▪ Assist in reviewing and evaluating the volunteer program’s progress towards meeting goals.
▪ Assist the Program Manager in insuring the program’s compliance with the requirements of program policies and regulatory agencies.
Attend scheduled staff meetings.
Volunteer Appreciation 1%
▪ Assist the Program Manager with all volunteer recognition activities including case conclusion thank you notes.
Community Relations 2%
▪ Foster positive relationships with social workers, guardian ad litem attorneys, clerks of the court and other case personnel.
▪When appropriate, participate in activities that inform the community about the child advocacy program’s mission.
|Qualifications: The position requires a degree or equivalent experience in child welfare, counseling, human services, juvenile justice, or law. It is also important that this person have an understanding of and experience with community organizations and volunteer supervision. The coordinator will be at least 21 years of age and be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively supervise volunteers.|
|Negotiated based on experience.|
|Reports to: Program Director Employment Status: Exempt full-time salaried Benefits: 25% of salary benefit stipend implemented after three months of employment, 3 weeks paid leave and generous state holiday schedule, and workers compensation insurance|
How to apply:
|If you are interested in applying for the Case Manager/Volunteer Supervisor position, please send your cover letter, professional writing sample, resume, and salary requirements to: Henrico CASA c/o Search Committee, 3001 Hungary Spring Road, Suite A, Richmond, VA 23228 or email to email@example.com.|
|Social Work, Volunteer Coordination|
|Henrico Court Appointed Special Advocates, Inc.|