Website Church Hill Activities and Tutoring
We seek a dynamic Math instructor with strong content knowledge who teaches in engaging ways. Upper school teaching experience required, and a VA Standard Teacher License preferred. This position requires an awareness of the urban student’s context and a resolve to teach in culturally sensitive ways, and in small classroom settings. Church Hill Academy (part of CHAT) is committed to trauma informed pedagogical practices and restorative justice. We seek instructors who view their students as whole people. Full-time instructors will be asked to teach three sections of a course in their field per semester as well as to perform one assigned duty, with a planning period of 80 minutes every school day.
Lead the day-to-day operations of high school Mathematics classes, with a high level of flexibility.
– Supervision by the Head of School;
– Prepare lesson plans that align with Virginia Standards of Learning vis a vis pacing and course content;
– Creatively engage students through differentiated instruction;
– Exhibit a genuinely caring attitude to all students;
– Maintain a positive, calm attitude and voice in the classroom;
– Work cooperatively with colleagues, volunteers, and parents;
– Incorporate appropriate instructional technology often;
– Attend various, limited after school activities such as Orientation, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and special seasonal events;
– Establish classroom routines that align with best teaching practices;
– Remain flexible and resilient;
– Follow the CHAT Employee Manual and adhere to CHAT’s mission and values;
– Abide by and hold students accountable to the CHA Family Handbook;
– Attend at least one off-site Professional Development session for Math teachers per year.
|Minimum Qualifications - A high school diploma or the equivalent and a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Education or Math from an accredited college or university; - Secondary Education teaching experience OR: - Enrollment in a state-recognized teacher licensure program; - At least one year of programmatic experience with high school students; - An intentional and practiced commitment to serving and engaging community in the East End; - Effective communication skills, written and oral; - Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the vision and mission of CHAT.|
|Commensurate with Experience|
|Medical and Dental coverage, in addition to professional development opportunities.|
How to apply:
|Please visit the employment opportunities page on our website: https://chatrichmond.org/employment-opportunities.|
|Church Hill Activities and Tutoring|