Website Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity
This position is responsible for the marketing, intake, application processing and fulfillment of Richmond Habitat for Humanity’s (RMHFH) repair programs. Our repair programs allow RMHFH to serve more families and better meet the housing needs of communities in our area. The program serves low-income families in owner-occupied homes who struggle to maintain them.
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and complete Critical Home Repair applications and outreach to homeowners highlighting the benefits of the repair program. The Homeowner Repair Services Manager is responsible for ensuring program participants receive a high level of quality and service throughout the process of applying and having their repairs completed.
• Deliver outreach, engagement, and assessments to identify and address the needs of a diverse client base.
• Provide and present information to neighbors and community members regarding the Critical Home Repair Program.
• Appropriately respond to homeowner inquiries and assist them as necessary.
• Log and return voice mail messages to provide timely follow up with clients and potential applicants.
• Qualify applicants based on RMHFH guidelines to determine eligibility for services.
• Attend house assessments with construction staff.
• Review work scopes and agreements with homeowners.
• Conduct group education classes on home maintenance. Develops additional education offerings as needed/directed.
• Communicates with homeowner during construction progress.
• Meets with homeowners at completion of work to have them certify their satisfaction with the work completed.
• Accurately record client data in the appropriate client management system, effectively manage the confidential financial information of clients, and maintain case files for all clients in accordance with affiliate standards.
• Assists with the preparation of grant reporting to funders and agencies.
• Creates and distributes quarterly homeowner newsletter.
• Develops post-purchase maintenance classes for RMHFH homeowners.
• Assist Homeowner Services Manager in engaging Latino community for Homeownership Program.
• Assist in translating program applications.
• Maintain accurate and current information about resources in the community and make referrals to appropriate agencies for services which the program cannot meet.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Utilizes a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
|Required Requirements: Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds. High School diploma required. Some college preferred. Construction knowledge helpful. Bilingual in English and Spanish. Have a car/access to a car. Have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Work with staff and other local non-profits. Job Qualifications: Construction knowledge preferred Commitment to serving low-income families Interest in non-profit organizations Ability to develop relationships within the community Excellent interpersonal and communication skills|
|Salary commensurate with experience|
|Richmond Metro Habitat for Humanity offers a comprehensive benefits package.|
How to apply:
|Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity|