Website CrossOver Healthcare Ministry
CrossOver Healthcare Ministry: Operates two charitable health clinics in Richmond, Virginia. The clinics serve low-income patients who are uninsured or are enrolled in Medicaid. Overall, CrossOver provides comprehensive healthcare to over 6,000 residents of Central Virginia, offering care to children as well as adults. CrossOver provides primary care, specialty care, dental, vision, mental health, HIV care and OB care to qualified patients. CrossOver also operates a licensed pharmacy.
CrossOver Healthcare Ministry’s Mission: We are called to provide healthcare, promote wellness, and connect community talents and resources with people in need in the name of Jesus Christ.
CrossOver Healthcare Ministry’s Vision: A healthy, vibrant community where every person is restored by the compassionate, healing love of God.
Overall Responsibility: The Medication Assistance Caseworker (MAC) assists patients in obtaining the medications prescribed by the clinical providers at CrossOver Healthcare Ministry. The MAC assists individuals in applying for and obtaining free prescription medicines from the brand name pharmaceutical companies’ Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs) and/or discounted generic medicines by using The Pharmacy Connection (TPC). The MAC will also assist patients in obtaining medicines by helping those newly eligible for Medicaid apply for coverage. The MAC will continue to assist patients not eligible for Medicaid in obtaining medicines via the PAPs. This includes submitting Medicaid denial letters for those PAPs that require one. The MAC also is responsible for submitting prior authorizations to insurance companies if needed.
Position/Title: Medication Assistance Caseworker
Supervisor: Clinic Manager
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:15am to 5:00pm; some evenings may be required
• Process new TPC prescriptions ordered by clinicians
• Process 3 month refill reports
• Assist patients with applying for Medicaid
• Obtaining and documenting Medicaid denial or approval letters
• Process additional information needed for PAP
• Check medication into TPC system received from PAP
• Document TPC medication picked up in electronic health records system (eCW)
• Run monthly reports for reordering 3 month supply medications
• Print patient labels for RPH verification
• Notify patients of TPC medication availability
• Enter appropriate data into TPC, QS1 (pharmacy management software) and eCW in a
• Unpack and store TPC medications upon arrival to the clinic
• Unpack and file medication received from the CrossOver pharmacy per Pharmacy Board
policies & procedures (Henrico location)
• Responsible for monitoring and recording vaccine refrigerator & freezer temperature
• Responsible for notifying VDH and the vaccine manufacturers when there is a temperature
• Complete prior authorizations
|• Strong interpersonal, analytical and computer skills• Certified Pharmacy Technician (preferred) Richmond location, (required) Henrico location• Ability to multi-task and develop creative solutions• Ability to work with diverse populations|
|Part Time - No benefits.Full Time - Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, and 401K|
How to apply:
|Please email resume with qualifications to Teresa Gonzalez (email@example.com). Please include "Application for Medication Assistance Caseworker" in the subject line. No phone calls.|
|CrossOver Healthcare Ministry|