Website Historic Richmond
Historic Richmond is seeking a highly motivated person as Office Manager. Responsibilities include overseeing daily office activities, bookkeeping, scheduling, IT management, board liaison, and more. This person must be dependable, flexible, a problem solver and have an eye for detail.
– Executive assistance including providing support as needed to facilitate the efforts of the Executive Director.
– Bookkeeping – disbursements and accounts payable, receipts and accounts receivable
– Audit – assist with preparations for annual financial audit
– Other special projects and/or assistance deemed necessary by the Director of Finance.
– Assist with the answering of telephone calls and directing calls appropriately.
– Provide support for various projects, programs, special events and other office related tasks.
– Maintain Outlook calendar of meetings and events. Make reservations for Executive Director as needed.
– Maintain software, telephone, and website access information.
– Provide IT support for staff and coordinate with external IT support provider.
– Oversee file storage on server; reorganize/remove old files as needed in accordance with Document Retention Policy.
– Responsible for all office equipment management, purchase, and maintenance (i.e., copiers, postage machines, telephones, computers, fax machine, shredder, etc.)
– Maintain manual filing system of office records; box, organize, and discard old records in accordance with Document Retention Policy.
– Price and analyze health, dental, general liability and workers’ comp insurance policies annually.
– Serve as Board Liaison; respond to phone call/email requests from Board members.
– Take minutes at Board meetings and Committee meetings as requested and transcribe
– Serve as Committee Liaison; respond to phone call/email requests from committee members.
– Oversee grounds maintenance (weeds, plantings, trash, parking lot, snow removal, etc.).
– Assists on an as-needed and as-approved basis with Historic Richmond events.
|REQUIRED BACKGROUND Bachelor’s Degree and previous work experience Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) QuickBooks: Premier Non-Profit Edition DESIRED TRAITS Historic Richmond’s Office Manager must display professionalism at all times and treat all constituents and stakeholders with courtesy, respect, and due consideration. The Office Manager must keep Historic Richmond business (especially that which is donor sensitive) confidential and should use discernment when in discussions with certain personnel. This candidate must have effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and solid computer skills. The candidate must be a self-starter, self-motivated and work well under deadlines. The candidate must also be well-spoken. The successful candidate will possess superior judgment, strong organizational skills, work effectively with the organization’s constituency, be creative, show initiative, and demonstrate a deep commitment to the Historic Richmond mission. Some occasional nights and weekend are required.|
|Commensurate with experience|
|Health and Dental Benefits, 403b plan, vacation time, Holidays|
How to apply:
|Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Office Manager Position." No calls please.|
|Administrative & Office Support, Management|