Our non-profit client is 50+ years strong positively changing lives in the Rappahannock community by implement their mission of creating jobs locally, preparing people to succeed at work, and helping them overcome barriers to employment. The Organization & Human Capital Development (O&HCD) Director leads by providing associate management, strategic consulting, and support to division leaders on Human Resources related strategies and processes. The role will have a team of about 5 covering all areas of O&HCD including policies, procedures and practices, including benefits, compensation, employee relations, health & welfare, and regulatory compliance. Lead in design and process improvement of these areas. Maintains a professional image, both within the organization and to the community at large. This role reports to an executive leader. Our client offers a friendly and attractive work environment and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the community!
Summary of Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, with emphasis and perspective of the impact on people.
• Understands current and future people related needs from a recruiting, skills, and compensation perspective; partners with division leaders to implement plans to achieve goals.
• Translates strategic plans into O&HCD support plans & drives continuous improvement.
• Development, administration, and implementation of organizational policies, practices and procedures that support the philosophy of the O&HCD team.
• Regularly assesses the competitiveness, efficiency, and costs of O&HCD strategies, programs, and processes against relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
• Maintains knowledge and educates others about O&HCD policies, programs, regulations and laws; Assists organizational leaders and managers in the enforcement and adherence to these.
• Manage all human capital data sources, ensure complete, accurate, efficient and accessible data pools. Assure management and mitigation of exposure for Unemployment Compensation, and the efficient and effective operation of Workers’ Compensation and Return to Work programs.
• Assure compliance with government and contract regulations associated with human capital and staffing.
• Administer benefits/compensation processing and assures accuracy.
• Provide oversight and direction for the Wellness Center services.
• Provides supervision for assigned staff including performance management, hiring, terminations and compensation changes.
• General office environment typically working Monday – Friday; lift up to 10lbs and limited local travel.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
|• BS/BA or equivalent and minimum 5+ years related experience with significant knowledge of commonly used O&HCD concepts and practices preferred. • SHRM or HRCI certification, preferred • Effective, proven O&HCD supervisory experience through coaching, counseling, team building and effective proactive communications. • Excellent written, oral, math, detail, customer relations and PC skills required. • Acts with the customer in mind. • Planning/Problem Solving: Plans, organizes, defines and solves problems effectively. • Effectively diffuse high-tension situations comfortably. • Adept at dealing with ambiguity, practices attentive and active listening, can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees. • Valid Virginia driver’s license. • Successfully complete a pre-employment drug / alcohol testing, background screening, including DMV record acceptable to RGI's insurance carrier. • Promotes and adheres to organization’s mission, vision and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner.|
|Competitive compensation package including base salary and extensive benefits!|
How to apply:
|To be considered for this immediate opening, please send your resume with salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled. EOE. On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.|
|Administrative & Office Support, Communication/Public Relations/Marketing, Management|