Website Virginia Parent Teacher Association
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is knowledgeable of General Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control systems and both uses and supports these systems through accounting activities. The Full Charge Bookkeeper exhibits keen analytical skills and has knowledge and experience in the application of accounting procedures including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
The duties and responsibilities of the Full Charge Bookkeeper include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Executes accounts payable and accounts receivables, including general ledger account debit or credit, enters vendor and expense invoices, runs checks, bills clients.
• Processes payroll and files all associated state and federal reports, taxes.
• Prepares bank deposits on a weekly basis.
• Posts and reconciles dues from local units and processes National PTA payment by the 5th day of each month.
• Closes monthly, quarterly and year-end financials accurately and within designated due dates. This includes, but is not limited to, review of balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries, which includes:
o Reconciliation of bank statements monthly.
o Preparation of monthly financial report for the Board of Managers by the 15th of each month.
• Reconciles Virginia PTA events and prepares financial statement within thirty (30) days of event.
• Prepares for and assists in year-end audit process.
• Maintains contracts (equipment, maintenance and building) and ensures performance to terms of contracts at the direction of the Office Administrator, including questions and/or issues that arise during the contract period.
• Prepares and files all federal and state reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Processes reimbursement requests from the Board of Directors within two (2) weeks of receipt.
• Pays all State Office operating.
• Manages the employee specifics for the association’s retirement program, including but not limited to set-up, payroll deduction, annual deposits.
• Administers benefits.
• Track and maintain inventory records.
• Prepares, at the direction of the Executive Director, the annual budget for the State Office. This includes running projection reports and providing the necessary detailed spreadsheets and data needed for the creation of the annual State Office operating budget.
• Maintains the association equipment list.
• Maintains complete filing system to support financial records.
• Manages technology for the association – including but not limited to: email, website, server, hardware/software.
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
|• Minimum high school diploma and 5 years continuous bookkeeping experience. Prefer an associate's or bachelor's degree in a field such as accounting or business or certification, such as the Certified Bookkeeper designation. • Knowledge of bookkeeping practices • Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures • Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements • QuickBooks expertise • Office365 and Outlook experience|
|negotiable based on experience|
|working with a great team!|
How to apply:
|email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.|
|Administrative & Office Support|
|Virginia Parent Teacher Association|