Website Inspire U.S.
Inspire U.S. is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization whose mission is to transform young leaders’ inspiration into action that improves our communities and strengthens our democracy.
The Part Time Organizer is responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of the organization’s high school voter registration, civic engagement, and get out the vote efforts. Under the leadership of the Richmond, VA Regional Manager, the Organizer will recruit and train volunteers, communicate with school leaders, and support high school students to organize opportunities to engage their peers in the voting process. The Organizer will also be responsible for accurate data entry, processing and submission of voter registration forms to elections officials (county clerks, registrar of voters, etc) in a timely manner. Voter registration and pledge to vote data will be tracked to enable the Inspire U.S. staff, school administrators and student leaders to conduct outreach activities to engage newly registered voters in civic action efforts, updating them with important deadlines and reminders for upcoming elections, and ultimately encouraging them to cast a ballot.
Schedule and Commitment
– This part-time, temporary commitment begins immediately.
– While there is no explicit hourly commitment for this position, the expectation is that on average, 20-30 hours per week will be spent completing this work.
Scope of Work
The following list of responsibilities and deliverables highlight major expectations, but additional duties may be assigned as needed:
Organizing in Richmond, VA
– Develop and implement, in collaboration with the Regional Manager, Inspire U.S. Virginia organizing goals; work with coalition partners to collaborate on programs and projects.
– Implement plans to reach Inspire U.S’s voter registration, civic engagement, and get out the vote goals.
– Volunteer Recruitment and Management
– Identify, recruit, train, and manage local volunteers to assist in conducting effective voter engagement efforts to amplify the youth voice in Richmond
Implement volunteer activities including, but not limited to, voter registration drives, classroom presentations, tabling opportunities, data entry, and phone banking.
– Communicate frequently with Regional Manager for program updates and specific needs for high school voter registration events (eg. materials, volunteers, etc.).
– Maintain contact with volunteers, school leaders, and community partners to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
-Using templates provided by Inspire U.S., prepare email and text communications for distribution to eligible registered voters.
– Complete timely recording and data entry of registration and pledge forms collected during high school voter registration events.
– Ensure registration forms and pledge cards are filled out neatly and accurately for ease of entry.
– Assist with NationBuilder and VAN database matching efforts (training provided).
As time permits and as needed, provide support with administrative tasks.
Other Projects as assigned.
This position reports to the Richmond, VA Regional Manager. Weekly time sheets must
be submitted for approval. Extended hours must be approved in advance, but shall not
exceed 8 hours per day, nor 20 hours per week.
|A background check will be required prior to employment. Fees associated with the background/security check will be paid by Inspire U.S. Local travel is required for this position and the Organizer will need a reliable vehicle, license and insurance. Inspire U.S. will reimburse at the IRS standard mileage rate.|
|$15 per hour|
|Hourly Pay and mileage reimbursement|
How to apply:
|Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Ian Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Richmond Organizer Position.”|