Website Donate Life Virginia
In collaboration with the Donate Life Virginia President and Executive Committee, the Program Coordinator of Donate Life Virginia (DLVA) assists to ensure the success of the strategic plan that supports the organization’s mission while working within the approved budget. Key responsibilities include monitoring of the Virginia Donor Registry, DMV relations, public relations, and organizational support for all DLVA approved initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and supports sound strategies to increase donor registration statewide.
• With guidance from the President and Executive Committee, assists in creating biennial budget and prudently helps manage financial resources within those budget guidelines.
• Serves as point person for the public regarding telephone, email and written questions and communications.
• Drafts and recommends meeting agendas for the President.
• Attends DLVA meetings. Participates on all committee/workgroup activity.
• Assists with all financial activities in conjunction with the DLVA Treasurer.
• Provides regular, and as requested, communication, reports and statistics to the Executive Committee, as well as any other duties as required by the Executive Committee to complete.
• Required to participate in DLVA events that can occur some evenings and/or weekends.
Virginia Donor Registry:
• Assists to ensure integrity and accuracy of the DLVA registry by working closely with DMV and registry host.
• Interfaces with members of the public trying to access the Registry.
• Provides Registry data to DLVA members for research or educational purposes and meets national reporting requirements.
• Supports DLVA members’ Registry Administrators.
• Assists the development of an activities report for the Department of Health to be delivered at the first of the year.
Department of Motor Vehicles:
• Maintains a strong relationship with the DMV administrators and District mangers.
• Acts as the liaison between DLVA and the DMV.
• Provides any and all assistance with DMV in carrying out the restocking of DLVA supplies.
• Assists the DMV Committee to provide oversight to the DMV for quarterly and annual events and projects.
• Responsible for publishing the DMV/DLVA quarterly newsletter.
Social Media/Marketing/Public Relations:
• In conjunction with the Communications Committee, assures that the organization and its mission and programs are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to the media and all interested parties.
• Assists in maintaining any and all social medial updates that involves DLVA.
• Responsible for maintaining materials and supplies for member organizations.
• Maintain a list of events that DLVA and its members were involved and track direct results of the events.
|Job Qualifications - Knowledge, Skill, Ability • High degree of personal initiative, interacts positively with all team members and exhibits independent problem solving and decision making skills • Excellent time management skills • Database and data analysis experience • Social media experience • Ability to cope with issues pertaining to death • Excellence in interpersonal communications, written communication and public speaking skills • Event management experience • Microsoft Office and QuickBooks skills • Solid understanding of financial reports and budget analysis • 40 hour week with some weekends and evenings required Education and Experience: • Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Communications, Business Management, or Health Care (or commensurate work experience in one of those areas) • Public Education, Public Relations and Communications experience preferred • Non-profit experience helpful • Experience in the donation-transplantation field a plus • 3-5 years of combined experience in any of these areas required Physical Demands The following physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be accepted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: • Regularly required to sit, stand, drive, talk, see and hear. • Must have a valid drivers license. • Must possess conversational hearing, with or without aid, as well as adequate vision to drive a car. • Must possess dexterity to operate standard office equipment. • Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.|
|Commensurate with experience|
|Paid time off, stipend for health insurance, flexible schedule|
How to apply:
|Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 4, 2017.|
|Donate Life Virginia|