Website Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond
Position Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator assists in the day-to-day operations of the Volunteer Program at RMHC Richmond. The Volunteer Coordinator also provides house coverage to maintain daily functions at the Ronald McDonald House while adhering to all policies and procedures and supporting the organization’s mission. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all volunteer groups, and the administrative tasks that accompany coordinating this subsection of volunteers. Excellent verbal and written communication, ability to work in a database, flexibility, reliability, and attention to detail are essential.
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities:
– Work with all the members of the RMHC Richmond staff and Board of Directors to achieve the goal of providing the best possible “Home Away from Home” services for families with children receiving medical care in Richmond.
– Maintain open communication with all RMHC Richmond Staff.
2. Administrative Assistance:
– Assists with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting of volunteer and community engagement data
– Responsible for coordination of volunteer satisfaction surveys including creation, implementation, analysis, and reporting.
– Responsible for completing all hour verification forms, documentation, and/or letters.
– Assists with development and/or implementation of new volunteer policies and procedures.
3. Volunteer Coordination:
– Responsible for training new House Volunteers and Happy Wheels Volunteers during shift hours.
– Engages with volunteers during shift hours including House Volunteers, Meal Volunteers, etc.
– Responds to all group interest forms to discuss options for how groups can get involved with RMHC Richmond.
– Coordinates the RMHC Richmond Volunteer Calendar including scheduling for meal groups, donation drop offs, therapy dogs, etc.
– Responsible for sending confirmation emails to all dinner and breakfast groups and monitoring when meal groups cancel/no show.
– Assists with communications, follow-up, and stewardship for House and In-Hospital volunteers.
4. Community Engagement:
– Provides community members with tours of RMHC Richmond.
– Responsible for in-kind thank you emails and specifically engaging with Church, School, and Community groups to promote continued engagement with RMHC Richmond.
5. House Coverage:
– Includes but not limited to: answering the phone and doors, accepting in-kind and monetary donations, resetting bedrooms, checking families in or out,
6. Other duties:
– Volunteer stewardship activities.
– Checking and returning voicemails.
– All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills: - Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) - Mature judgment and good decision making skills - Organization and attention to detail - Flexible, patient and capable of coordinating tasks simultaneously - Demonstrate initiative, problem solving ability, and diplomacy - Able to perform duties with minimal direction and supervision - Demonstrate positive attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers and others who come in contact with the House - Demonstrate respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all guests and agency information - Demonstrate genuine concern for the successful operation of the Volunteer Program and overall RMHC Richmond mission - Computer proficiency with multiple programs, including Microsoft office and general data base software - Have a valid driver’s license. Education and Work Experience: - A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Communications or related field; OR - Two years’ experience in this or related field; OR - Any similar combination of education and experience preferred. - Administrative experience is desired - Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus Essential Functions: - Physical Demands: Must be able lift up to 25 pounds. The House is four (4) stories with no elevator; stair climbing is a must. - Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.|
|$13.00 not to exceed 25 hours per week. Hours will be Monday through Friday late afternoon and early evening.|
|The Volunteer Coordinator will have the ability to impact the community in a meaningful way through coordinating the RMHC Richmond volunteer program. All of these functions provide essential supports to families receiving medical treatment in the Richmond area. The position will allow for personal growth, collaboration, creative thinking, and interaction with volunteers/families.|
How to apply:
|Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references to Diana Villarreal, RMHC Richmond Volunteer and Community Engagement Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line “Volunteer Coordinator Application.” We will be accepting applications until approximately February 15th, 2019.|
|Administrative & Office Support, Volunteer Coordination|
|Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond|