Feed More collects, prepares and distributes food to neighbors in need. With a service area that stretches across 34 cities and counties, our comprehensive programs and Agency Network are dedicated to providing our communities with access to quality food and healthy meals year round.
With the help of nearly 100 employees, close to 300 members of Feed More’s Agency Network and around 200 volunteers a day, Feed More is able to carry out its mission of fighting hunger throughout Central Virginia. Feed More is a proud member of Feeding America and Meals on Wheels America.
Who we’re looking for
The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) for the Community Kitchen is primarily responsible for the daily coordination and record keeping of all donated human resources for the Community Kitchen. Involvement may also include recruiting, outreach, application processing and interviewing. The VC is also responsible for interviewing, orienting, scheduling, tracking, evaluating and recognition of volunteers in the Community Kitchen. The VC will also be called upon to lend a hand at other programs staffed by the Feed More Volunteer Department at the request of the Director of Volunteer Services (DVS).
Department: Volunteer Department
Reports To: Director of Volunteer Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position: Full time
Supervisory Responsibilities: The VC assists in the supervision of all individual volunteers, groups and interns in the Community Kitchen. While volunteers may have supervisors in the areas in which they are assigned on a regular basis, the VC supports the staff who supervise volunteers by communicating with them regularly. The VC provides volunteers with Kitchen orientation and acts as a liaison between the DVS & the Community Kitchen.
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
What will you do?
• Recruits, orients, coordinates and schedules individual volunteers, groups and interns for the Community Kitchen daily. The position is responsible for ensuring sufficient unpaid staffing to capacity during business hours Monday-Friday and select evening/weekends/holidays. Works closely with the DVS to keep him/her apprised of daily staffing needs.
• Works with the Community Kitchen staff understand volunteer needs and helps train them to supervise volunteers.
• Recognizes all volunteers for their service to the Community Kitchen on a regular basis.
• Is a positive enthusiastic ambassador for Feed More, taking every opportunity to promote its programs and services.
• Works productively in collaboration with other staff in Feed More’s Volunteer Department on projects and assignments.
• Is cross-trained in all programs staffed by the Feed More Volunteer Department, thus able to lend a hand as needed with other programs.
• Helps plan and assist with the annual Volunteer Appreciation Picnic and other recognition programs.
• Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Carries out other duties assigned by the DVS.
|Must have: • Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of proven work experience in volunteer management that will provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage a significant volunteer corps • Strong interpersonal skills, good time management and organizational skills • Ability to multitask, excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities • Prior public speaking experience • Proficient in MS Office: i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to work with database software • Ability to meet crises calmly, solve problems, show attention to detail and accuracy; adaptability to changing environments and situations. Strong problem solving skills • Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, show initiative, flexibility, work in a team environment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines • Self-starter with strong initiative • Knowledge of the community and its resources • Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 lbs. • Must have flexible schedule to accommodate corporate needs. The position requires the individual to work during inclement weather. • Must be available for occasional weekend and evening hours as needed for the program or Volunteer Department needs as well as off-site outreach opportunities. • Must have own automobile and be prepared to use it on the job. Must have a current Va. Driver’s license and good driving record. Must be willing to travel within the service area of Feed More – 29 counties and 5 cities to help in recruitment and training of volunteers Ideally, will have: • Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or other people-oriented field. • Prior experience as a volunteer coordinator with non-profit organizations • Excellent customer service expertise • Expertise with MS PowerPoint • Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus|
|Starting at $40,000|
|Company Benefits: In addition to competitive wages, we’re proud to offer full time employees with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, generous paid time off, 10 paid holidays and more.|
How to apply:
|How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2021 We kindly request no phone inquiries. Feed More, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|