We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable Kitchen Assistant to the Chef. Must possess ServSafe certification or other types of food handler’s certificate or willing to obtain a certificate if one is not readily available. If you have limited experience or have been out of the workforce we will provide training to the right person who has a passion for cooking and working in the food service industry.
To be successful as a Kitchen Assistant, you should exercise exceptional time management and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Assistant should be able to comply with all food health and safety regulations.
– Duties include the assisting with and/or preparation of breakfast, lunch, and snacks for up to 100 people per meal per day
– Maintaining a clean kitchen, refrigerators, freezer, and storeroom is a must
– Perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen to include removing the garbage and following a cleaning schedule
– Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene
– Washing, sanitizing, and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, and instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes
– Assisting the Chef with the preparation of meal ingredients which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and chopping of fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat
– Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen appliances and walls
– Assisting with checking in and unloading of delivered food supplies
– Organizing and correctly storing food supplies
– Cooking from scratch with the ability to read and follow a recipe accurately
– Perform any other duties as assigned