The Girls on the Run® Program Manager (PM) must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. Girls on the Run is a physical activity-based positive youth development (PYD) program that is designed to enhance girls’ social, psychological and physical skills and behaviors to successfully navigate life experiences. The program’s intentional curriculum places an emphasis on developing competence, confidence, connection, character, caring, and contribution in young girls through lessons that incorporate running and other physical activities. The life skills curriculum is delivered by caring and competent coaches who are trained to teach lessons as intended.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Girls on the Run, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, is dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
The PM reports to the Girls on the Run Greater Richmond Executive Director. This is a part-time 20 hours a week position with up to 30 hours a week during peak times. After on-boarding and training is complete, GOTRGR offers flexible scheduling and remote work when tasks allow (subject to change).
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Manage new site recruitment efforts and returning site stewardship
• Meet with new sites for approval and onboarding
• Communicate with sites, coaches and program volunteers to recommit each season Coach Management and Training
• Recruit new and returning coaches for each season
• Oversee coach application process, including creating application form in RacePlanner and interviewing all new coaches
• Communicate with all coach applicants regarding application status, next steps, etc.
• Ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches, including assigning coaches to sites
• Manage all online GOTR Learning Academy systems and requirements for new and returning coaches; ensure coaches have completed required assigned learning
• Plan and facilitate both online and in-person coach training, including location, refreshments, handouts, bin and curriculum sign outs, etc.
• Manage CPR & First Aid online and in-person certification and background checks
• Provide consistent pre- and in-season support to coaches via email, phone and in-person visits
• Plan and facilitate mid-season coach check-in meeting, including securing meeting space, refreshments, handouts, etc.
• Coordinate all site visits; review all site visit reports and follow-up on any support needed
• Manage incident reports submitted from coaches and follow-up as needed
• Enforce all current site policies and procedures and generate innovation and improvement as needed
• Create, distribute and compile results of post-season coach survey
• Serve as main programmatic contact and communicate with all site liaisons, principals, and site contacts
• Manage council program communications, including all communications to coaches and parents/guardians and program updates for Council newsletter
• Respond to all questions and concerns from parents, coaches and site liaisons in a timely fashion
• Streamline communications to ensure proper and strategic messaging is in sync
• Create and maintain seasonal timeline communication
• Compose monthly board reports to update board members on coach/site happenings
• Purchase, organize and distribute all coaching materials including: curricula, coach guides, coach shirts and bags, gift cards, program supplies and program shirts for each site
• Manage inventory, distribution and return of coach and program curricula, materials and supplies
• Maintain inventory lists and organization of supplies in Council storage units
• Serve as 5k Program Lead ensuring communications with coaches, families and site volunteers
• Direct 5K registration process in coordination with Lead Coaches at each site
• Support running buddy registration and assign as needed in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator
• Manage ordering of medals and 5K shirts for participants and running buddies
• Lead assembly of 5k supplies for teams
Outside Engagement Opportunities
• Represent GOTR at events and expos when appropriate
• Support the Executive Director as necessary
• Collaborate with and oversee Mission Advancement Coordinator with regards to program related roles and tasks
• Participate in pilots as deemed necessary by International or internally
• Attend Regional and GOTR International trainings as needed
• Develop positive relationships with volunteers, board members, community and staff
• Serve as a role model for GOTR, exhibiting GOTR core values and mission
Read more →