Here at ConnectVA we have our ears to the ground for news, trends, and data that could impact your work. A few of the reports we captured last year in our 5 New Reports to Help You Do Your Work post are still relevant, but some new reports have come out that we thought you’d want to know about:
- 2017 Nonprofit Communications Trends Report – Just like last year, Kivi Leroux Miller of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, has compiled comprehensive data surveyed from nonprofit professionals on the state of nonprofit communications in 2017. This year she goes a step further to include new and different questions like “What are typical staffing and budgeting levels for nonprofit communications teams?” and “Just how important are fundraising goals to nonprofit communications teams?”.
- 2017 Benchmarks Study – Recently released, the 2017 M+R Benchmarks Study is report and analysis of nonprofit email messaging, email list size, fundraising, online advocacy, web traffic, digital ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more for the calendar year of 2016.
- 2017 Global NGO Online Technology Report– Provides interesting insight on how nonprofits around the world are using technology, social media, fundraising, and more by Nonprofit Tech for Good.
- The State of Peer to Peer Fundraising 2017 by DonorDrive – Insight, research and statistics that dives deeper into why corporate partnerships are important, what motivates fundraisers and why supporters expect fundraising options.
- 2017 Digital Outlook Report – A joint effort between care2, hjc, NTEN and the Resource Alliance this report captures the nonprofit sector’s changing digital strategy landscape. This year they grouped nonprofits into three levels of proficiency based on survey responses and shared insights accordingly in “Advance Your Nonprofit’s Game to the Next Level”.
- 2016 Charitable Giving Report – For the fifth year, Blackbaud reports on overall fundraising efforts in the US, specifically on overall and online fundraising trends by sector and organization size, the impact of mobile giving on online fundraising, how #GivingTuesday is dramatically shaping year-end fundraising plus key stats on donation amounts, donor characteristics, retention, and more from across the U.S. nonprofit sector.
- Nonprofit Content Marketing 2016: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America – The Content Marketing Institute and Blackbaud joined forces to publish this report that dives deeper into how nonprofit marketers are using more content marketing tactics, social media platforms, and paid methods of content promotion.
We’ve also added these reports to our Nonprofit Technology resource page.