Have you created New Year’s resolutions for your organization this year? What do you want to achieve in 2016? We’ve compiled some resources and professional development opportunities to help you get the ball rolling.
- Need to refresh your Fundraising Strategic Plan? Check out this recently published Fundraising Planning Guide on 4good – it includes free templates!
- New to fundraising? Take the Nonprofit Learning Point Fundraising Crash Course to learn how to develop a plan, tap into your network, engage your board, and more. Follow it up with Grant Writing I to get the fundamentals of research and proposals.
For Board Members
- There are several events coming up for new and aspiring board members! Check out the Board Leaders Roundtable to network and learn best practices, and the Building Blocks for Nonprofit Board Members workshop for an introduction to the sector, roles and responsibilities, and more.
- Our Resource Library, powered by 4good, has some plentiful tips, webinars, and templates, like this chart for differentiating board and staff roles.
- For nonprofit newbies and career switchers, the Nonprofit Organizations Crash Course gives a thorough overview of nonprofit management.
- Check out this creative approach to improving your effectiveness and leadership in your organization with Living and Leading Courageously
- Does it seem like your Finance Director is speaking a foreign language? If you’d like to get a better grasp of your nonprofit’s financial statements, check out Intro to Nonprofit Finance.
For the Trendsetters
- Save the Date – Heather Mansfield, of Nonprofit Tech For Good, and last year’s keynote speaker at the Social Media Conference for Nonprofits, will share Emerging Trends in Digital Communications and Fundraising in her upcoming webinar.
- Have you checked out our Nonprofit Trends Series? Based on Independent Sector’s Nine Key Trends Affecting the Charitable Sector, we’ve covered local examples of organizations tackling challenging topics like economic inequality and environmental degradation, promoting inclusivity in the sector and inspiring new generations of leadership, new technology, learning, and working models, and the impact of movements on operations and activism. Stay tuned for a future post on cross-sector collaborations and the rise of B corps.
ConnectVA is more than just your go-to RVA nonprofit jobs resource. We have a little something for everyone. Here are 7 reasons why everyone in your organization should be on ConnectVA, and be sure to register for a free account on our home page to get subscribed to our e-newsletters – which are packed with more webinars, classes, articles, and more.