In case you missed last week’s Nonprofit Tech for Good webinar with Heather Mansfield, 10 Social Media Strategies for NGO’s, here are a few quick tips, tools and resources you can use for social media success in ConnectVA’s 3-part blog series:
1) Integrate your social network information into all of your communication outlets: your print material, website homepage, annual report, e-newsletters etc.
2) On Facebook Do
- Share content that inspires activity, such as success stories and photos, and always link to your blog or website.
- Post 4-6 Status Updates per week and include a photo in each to increase visibility
- Post at 8 am, Noon and/or on Saturday
- Learn more about Facebook changes and its impact on your communications
3) On Facebook Don’t:
- Post multiple times per day, the more you post/day the less your Fans see
- Post the wrong kind of content, if your fans aren’t sharing, you’ve got it wrong
- Use Hootsuite or other 3rd party applications to schedule your posts OR adjust your app settings in order to be more visible
4) On Twitter:
- Become an expert resource for your cause and prioritize getting retweeted by tweeting and curating good content
- Follow the 80/20 rule of content marketing. For every five tweets, four should be related to your cause and one should be a direct ask
- Post 2-8 tweets/retweets a day spread throughout the day
- Read these 3 Tips to Improve Marketing on Twitter
5) On Instagram:
- Take screenshots of your most successful photos on Facebook and Pinterest and regram them to Instagram and report live from events or on location
- Create 15-second videos and video essays
- Get more Instagram Tips
6) Track and report success:
- Define your metrics and set measurable goals
- Create a Social Media ROI Spreadsheet
Want more tips and advice on the latest social media trends?
SAVE THE DATE – on March 19th, 2015 ConnectVA will be hosting our “Social Media Conference for Nonprofits” featuring Heather Mansfield with Nonprofit Tech for Good at WCVE/Community Ideas Station!