Are you moving and have extra furniture or appliances? Are you hosting a donation drive and have items that you need? Whether you’re a nonprofit organization posting a need, or an individual or organization with the goods to give, here’s the low-down on how to post on ConnectVA’s Item Exchange:
Donate your Item(s) to a Local Organization:
- If you would like to post an item you have available, you will first need to Register or login.
- Once logged in, Expand your Dashboard, and click on Post Items Needed/Available. If you are a member-administrator of an organization or business, you will have the option to post the item available as yourself (user), your organization, or business. Select Available.
Click on the image to enlarge
- New feature! Upload an image of the item to show organizations what you have to offer. Click on Set Feature Image.
- Be sure to enter your contact information, include the condition of the item(s) in the description and delivery instructions, choose an appropriate category in Classification, and add how long you would like your ad to run.
- Click on Save Changes and your item will be published! You can edit or delete your item by logging back in and accessing either your user profile (if you posted as yourself), or your organization or business profile. Visit our FAQ page for step-by-step instructions.
For Organizations – How to Post an Item Needed:
- If you would like to post an item needed, you will first need to be a member-administrator of an organization. (Only organizations may post items needed). Not a member of your organization? Click here to get started.
- While logged in, Expand your Dashboard, and click on Post Items Needed/Available. Choose your organization from the drop-down list (NOT user), and select Needed.
- New feature! Upload an image of your item or a prototype of what you’re requesting.
- Be sure to enter your contact information, choose an appropriate category in Classification, and an ad duration.
- Click on Save Changes and your item will be published! You can edit or delete your item by logging back in and accessing your organization profile. Visit our FAQ page for step-by-step instructions.
- Do you send out an e-newsletter or post on-site announcements? Promote your in-kind donation needs to your constituents by linking back to your ConnectVA item listing.
Looking for volunteers or volunteer opportunities? Check out our Volunteer & Board Service page or visit HandsOn Greater Richmond. Please do NOT post volunteer needs or availability on the Item Exchange.
Want more tips on using ConnectVA 2.0? Read how to:
Not registered on ConnectVA? Click here to get started.