If you currently work, volunteer for, or serve on the board of a nonprofit organization listed on ConnectVA, you can request to be a member-administrator of your organization. One of the great features of ConnectVA 2.0 is that organizations listed in the Organization Directory can have multiple member-administrators. Why is this important? Multiple representatives of an organization can share the responsibility of maintaining listing details, post jobs, events, etc. In addition, the ConnectVA membership community will have the opportunity to view your member profile, and gain greater accessibility to your organization’s team.
If you were an Administrator of an Organization previously, you should automatically be listed as an member-administrator in the new ConnectVA site. If you are not, or if you are seeking to become a member-administrator for the first time, follow these steps:
- Visit the Organization Directory page and search for the organization in which you would like to request membership.
- Click on the organization name. Then, click on Request Membership, enter comments, and click on Send Request.
Click on the image to enlarge.
- A current member-administrator can approve your membership (it will be sent to all current member-administrators).
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your membership request has been approved or rejected.
- You will also see a notification in your member profile when your membership request has been processed. You can access this by expanding your dashboard and clicking on Go to Your Profile.
You can be a member of more than one organization. If you would like to add yourself as a member-administrator of a business listing, the process works similarly. Note: You cannot be a member of an organization and a business from the same ConnectVA account. If you’re currently a member of an organization, and wish to be attached to a business listing, you must create a new account for that purpose, and vice-versa.
Want more tips on using ConnectVA 2.0? Read how to:
Not registered on ConnectVA? Click here to get started.