Click here for current tips on how to participate in the Community Discussion Forum (formerly the Message Board)
Seeking real-time answers to important questions related to the volunteer engagement field?
ConnectVA has joined forces with HandsOn Greater Richmond and the Greater Richmond Association for Volunteer Administrators (GRAVA) to host a specialty forum devoted to the field of Volunteer Engagement.
The ConnectVA Volunteer Engagement Message Board is your go-to location to learn, share, and connect on volunteer engagement topics:
- participate in cause-related online discussions with your peers from around the community
- receive real-time answers on important needs and questions from HandsOn Greater Richmond and GRAVA
- share news, resources, and upcoming events
How do I get started?
1. Register on ConnectVA: In order to participate in the Message Board, you must be a registered user on ConnectVA.
2. Sign-in on ConnectVA: Your password will be emailed to you upon registration submission. When you sign-in next on ConnectVA, visit the Message Board.
3. Subscribe to the Message Board: As a signed-in user, click to “subscribe” to the Volunteer Engagement Message Board (item #6). This will allow you to receive immediate notification of posts from fellow volunteer engagement professionals.
How can I use the Message Board?
1. Sign-in on ConnectVA: only signed-in, registered users can post to the Message Board on ConnectVA.
2. Visit the Message Board: click into Volunteer Engagement (item #6)
3. Post a Message: select to “post new thread” and enter a descriptive subject line, as well as a concise, specific, informational, professional, and courteous message. Once complete, select “publish” (you can choose to edit or delete your message at any time).
4. Reply to a Message: click into any post under the Volunteer Engagement Message Board and select “reply” to any thread or existing replies.