YNPN RVA, powered by ConnectVA, is the local chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network.
What is YNPN RVA?
YNPN RVA cultivates a community of future nonprofit leaders through networking and professional development opportunities that build on individual strengths and talents. We envision a rising generation of diverse, empowered, and highly engaged nonprofit leaders that will work collaboratively to strengthen our sector, and in turn, the Richmond region.
YNPN RVA Events
Membership through YNPN RVA connects young and early career nonprofit professionals to a community of like-minded, socially-conscious members who interact through social and professional development. YNPN RVA provides opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences to help you develop as a person and a professional while building a network of peers and mentors to support your growth in the nonprofit sector. YNPN RVA will also give you the opportunity to learn about and share things happening in the Richmond nonprofit community!
Members in YNPN RVA will:
- Build their brand by analyzing, developing and strengthening an authentic representation of themselves as a person and professional
- Build their network by forming meaningful connections to peers and seasoned professionals
- Build their career with planning tools and advancement insights into the local nonprofit sector ultimately helping them grow and develop as a professional
Yearly memberships are $35 for individuals and $20 for students. These prices/memberships run from Jan to Dec. Learn more below.
What Can I Expect in 2020?
YNPN RVA Members and non-members can expect monthly opportunities to build their brand, network and career in various formats like, workshops, panel discussions, networking opportunities, happy hours, fun local activities and more!
Beginning in February, we’re even offering a bi-monthly Members-Only Nonprofit Articles Club – where we’ll share, read and have engaging conversations on interesting topics relevant to our lives and careers at different coffee shops around the city in the morning before work. A NEW perk this year is the opportunity to be a part of a private YNPN RVA Facebook Group where you can share information about nonprofit events, news, volunteer opportunities or asks from the community!
We expect to offer 18 events next year and MEMBERS get into ALL for FREE (otherwise $10 for most events) on top of all the other benefits of being a member!)
Here’s a snapshot of programming in 2020! Subject to change. More details coming soon!
How Can I Get Involved?
- Apply to be on the YNPN RVA Leadership Team! Deadline for 2021 is Oct 23rd.
- Join us at our next event and become a member!
- Register on connectva.org to receive comprehensive updates on nonprofit jobs, community events, news, YNPN RVA updates etc.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ynpnrva
- Follow us on Twitter @YNPNRVA
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any administrative questions
Subscribe to Event Information
YNPN RVA 2020 Board
- Erica Babcock, Startup Virginia (Chair)
- Victoria Jackson, SPARC (Vice Chair)
- Liz Rennie Lungut, Community Foundation (Staff)
- Cassie Cunnigham, Children’s Home Society of Virginia (Communication Co-Chair)
- Stephanie Hathaway, Soles4Souls (Communication Co-Chair)
- Colin Puckett, GRASP (Programs Chair)