YNPN RVA, powered by ConnectVA, is the local chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals NetworkWhat is YNPN RVA?
YNPN promotes an efficient, viable, and inclusive nonprofit sector that supports the growth, learning, and development of the young and early-career professionals. We are a movement activating young and early career nonprofit professionals through professional development, networking, and social opportunities.
YNPN RVA Events
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled
Membership through YNPN RVA connects young and early career nonprofit professionals to a community of like-minded, socially-conscious members who interact through social events, professional development opportunities, and mentoring. YNPN RVA provides opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences to help you develop as a person and a professional while building a network of peers and mentors to support your growth in the nonprofit sector.
Members in YNPN RVA will:
- Gain an understanding of and respect for the nonprofit sector in general and the Greater Richmond Region specifically
- Build connections to peers and seasoned professionals
- Gain career planning and advancement insights in the nonprofit sector
- Gain greater awareness of resources and tools to develop as a professional
Yearly memberships are $35 for individuals, $20 for students, and $250 for organizations (includes memberships for up to 10 employees). These prices/memberships run from Jan to Dec. Learn more below.
What Can I Expect During the Year?
YNPN RVA Members and non-members can expect monthly opportunities to learn, connect and socialize through our lunch time career advancement series “Nonprofits at Noon”, panel discussions on hot topics, facilitated discussions from professionals in the field, opportunities to meet seasoned nonprofit professionals, social opportunities at the coolest bars and breweries in RVA and Signature Celebration Events, like our “Great Nonprofit Bosses” recognition event in November. Members get in to all socials and professional development events for free and receive a deep discount at our Signature Event in November on top of all the other benefits of being a member (click buttons above for more details). Here is a general outline for the year (subject to change):
February 22nd – Nonprofit YP Interest Social at Buskey Cider
March 28th – Nonprofits at Noon: Finding the Right Fit to Make an Impact
April 27th – Nonprofit Social: Ask an Expert at Triple Crossing Brewery in Fulton
May 31st – Nonprofits at Noon: Creating Balance and Building Creativity at Your Nonprofit
June 29th – Where Are All the Men? A Panel Discussion on the Need for Men on the Nonprofit Sector’s Front Line
July 26th – Leading With Your Strengths Workshop (Members Only)
August 9th – Collaborating Across Sectors
August 30th – Summer Social and Resource Fair at the Hof
September 27th – Nonprofits at Noon Part 3 – Making the Right Moves: A Candid Conversation on Career Building
October 11th – A Closer Look at Young Professional Boards (find a list of local YP Boards here: Young Professional Boards RVA)
November 1st – Great Nonprofit Bosses Celebration
November 8th – Recruitment Social for Committee Members at Postbellum
November 15th – Effective Goal Setting Workshop (Members Only)
December 13th – Holiday Mixer at Buskey Cider
How Can I Get Involved?
- Join us at our next monthly event and become a member
- Register on connectva.org to receive comprehensive updates on nonprofit jobs, community events, news, YNPN updates etc.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ynpnrva
- Follow us on Twitter @YNPNRVA
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any administrative questions
Subscribe to Event Information
YNPN RVA Leadership Team
- Laura Pilati, St. Andrew’s School (Co-Chair)
- Tiffany Patton, Communities In Schools of Richmond (Co-Chair)
- Caitlin Hanbury, VCU College of Humanities and Sciences (Secretary)
- Liz Rennie Lungut, The Community Foundation (Communication Co-Chair and Staff)
- Fionnuala Bradley, Quin Rivers, Inc (Communication Co-Chair)
- Diana Villarreal, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond (Membership Co-Chair)
- Rebecca Butler, Family Lifeline (Membership Co-Chair)
- Devan Colley, Peter Paul Development Center (Program Co-Chair)
- Omequa Eaddie, St. Andrew’s School (Program Co-Chair)