YNPN RVA, powered by ConnectVA, is the local chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network.
What is YNPN RVA?
YNPN RVA cultivates a community of future nonprofit leaders through networking and professional development opportunities that build on individual strengths and talents. We envision a rising generation of diverse, empowered, and highly engaged nonprofit leaders that will work collaboratively to strengthen our sector, and in turn, the Richmond region.
YNPN RVA Events
Embracing and Achieving Diversity and Inclusion: How RVA Nonprofits Can Do It BetterYNPN
with Duron Chavis, Rae Caballero Obejero,Nadine Marsh-Carter, Cheleah Googe and Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities and YNPN RVA
Friday, May 25th | 06:00PM - 08:00PM
Richmond, Virginia, 23230
Membership through YNPN RVA connects young and early career nonprofit professionals to a community of like-minded, socially-conscious members who interact through social events, professional development opportunities, and mentoring. YNPN RVA provides opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences to help you develop as a person and a professional while building a network of peers and mentors to support your growth in the nonprofit sector.
Members in YNPN RVA will:
- Gain an understanding of and respect for the nonprofit sector in general and the Greater Richmond Region specifically
- Build connections to peers and seasoned professionals
- Gain career planning and advancement insights in the nonprofit sector
- Gain greater awareness of resources and tools to develop as a professional
Yearly memberships are $35 for individuals, $20 for students, and $250 for organizations (includes memberships for up to 10 employees). These prices/memberships run from Jan to Dec. Learn more below.
What Can I Expect During the Year?
YNPN RVA Members and non-members can expect monthly opportunities to learn, connect and socialize through our lunch time career advancement series “Nonprofits at Noon”, panel discussions on hot topics, facilitated discussions from professionals in the field, opportunities to meet seasoned nonprofit professionals, social opportunities at the coolest bars and breweries in RVA and Signature Celebration Events, like our “Great Nonprofit Bosses” Celebration event in November. Members get in to all socials and professional development events for free and receive a deep discount at our Signature Event in November on top of all the other benefits of being a member (click buttons above for more details). Here’s a snapshot of our yearly calendar:
|February||Nonprofit YP Kick-off Social|
|March||Nonprofits@Noon Part 1 – Rescheduled|
|April||Peer-Coaching Session 1 (Members Only)|
|May||Diversity in the Sector|
|June||Nonprofits@Noon Part 1|
|July||Summer Social & Nonprofits@Noon Part 2|
|August||Peer-Coaching Session 2 (Members Only)|
|September||Nonprofits@Noon Part 3|
|October||Fall Committee Recruitment Social|
|November||Signature Event – Great Nonprofit Bosses Celebration|
|December||Membership Appreciation Social (Members Only)|
How Can I Get Involved?
- Join us at our next monthly event and become a member
- Register on connectva.org to receive comprehensive updates on nonprofit jobs, community events, news, YNPN updates etc.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ynpnrva
- Follow us on Twitter @YNPNRVA
- Email us at email@example.com for any administrative questions
Subscribe to Event Information
YNPN RVA Leadership Team
- Laura Pilati, (Chair)
- Mollie Brooks, Genworth, (Vice Chair)
- Michael Parsons, Peter Paul Development Center (Secretary)
- Liz Rennie Lungut, Community Foundation (Communication Co-Chair and Staff)
- Gabrielle Jones, WCVE Community Idea Stations (Communication Co-Chair)
- Diana Villarreal, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond (Membership Co-Chair)
- Kathy Greenier, Floricane (Membership Co-Chair)
- Devan Colley, Peter Paul Development Center (Program Co-Chair)
- Omequa Eaddie, St. Andrew’s School (Program Co-Chair)