YNPN RVA’s Great Nonprofit Awards 2018
November 7 I 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. I The Hippodrome Speakeasy
Celebrate today and tomorrow’s local nonprofit leaders at YNPN RVA’s “Great Nonprofit Awards.” We will honor nonprofit organizations and staff members making an impact in our community in three categories: Rising Star, Great Nonprofit Boss and Outstanding Organization.
Network with the winners, nominees and other nonprofit leaders and young professionals and learn more about RVA’s Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN RVA). Get inspired by the lessons the honorees will share with guests and use them to amplify your impact on our local nonprofit community.
At our awards celebration on November 7, we will honor nonprofit organizations and staff members making an impact in our community in three categories:
- Rising Star: A nonprofit professional with fewer than five years of career experience making significant contributions to the RVA nonprofit sector.
- Great Nonprofit Boss: A nonprofit manager who has gone above and beyond to promote a great work environment for their staff.
- Outstanding Organization: A great nonprofit organization that fosters a nurturing and empowering environment for young nonprofit professionals.
You can nominate as many people and organizations as you want, but you must fill out a separate form for each person or organization in each category. The top three nominees from each category will be recognized at YNPN RVA’s Great Nonprofit Awards on November 7. One honoree in each category will be chosen by a selection committee and announced at the event.
Here are the short essay questions (responses should be less than 300 words) for each category:
1) Share an example of a time when your nominee implemented an innovative idea or a creative solution above and beyond their job role.
2) Share an example of a time your nominee demonstrated innovation or creativity within their organization.
3) Tell us about the qualities of your nominee that make them a nonprofit rising star.
4) Give an example of how your nominee contributes to a positive and inclusive work environment.
Great Nonprofit Boss
1) How does your Boss/Supervisor create a positive and inclusive work environment, especially for young professionals within the organization?
2) Share an example of your Boss/Supervisor going above and beyond to help your organization achieve its mission.
3) In what ways does your Boss/Supervisor help develop the talents of those he or she supervises, particularly those who are early in their career?
4) Tell us about the qualities that make your Boss/Supervisor an effective leader, especially for the young professionals he or she manages?
1) Explain how the organization provides professional development and growth opportunities for young nonprofit professionals on staff
2) Explain how the organization encourages young nonprofit professionals on staff to engage in the greater community.
3) How does your nonprofit promote or sustain diversity among staff?
4) How does the organization provide opportunities for young nonprofit professionals to contribute to and drive the mission of the organization?